ID:30246

So I get on BYOND after a long time...and their are like...half the games alive I used to play...and maybe only 1/3 of my friends list comes online now.

R.I.P. BYOND. o.o
Yet the pepople count is still in the 2k-3k range.. Hm :P

Your friends may be going but it doesn't seem like BYOND is (excluding oldbies and lack of new non-fangame production >_>)
Er, I mean in players live during peak times
If you think BYOND is dying, you are stupid. There's not much more I can say than that. The hits to this site have been increasing over time (proof).

[Edit]
In fact, a month or two ago, BYOND was in the 30,000s by rank for Alexa.com. We are not 17,062. That's a fairly big jump.
Hey I remember you, you should hang out with EzrahChan in wiz_chat(right now) you'll probably hit it off.
Yeah, but what about new tools? Guess I should hop over and look at the State of the BUnion...
Byond is flooded with ripped anime games and the very few original action games/rpgs are dying...people are supposedly "making" projects..but these projects are never getting done..the good games ARE dying and pretty soon the only live games will be in the anime category.
How about I call bullshit on your unsupported claim, okay?
IcewarriorX wrote:
Byond is flooded with ripped anime games and the very few original action games/rpgs are dying...people are supposedly "making" projects..but these projects are never getting done..the good games ARE dying and pretty soon the only live games will be in the anime category.

*coughFaithcough*
byond is dieing it gets more newbies that think their shit don't stink every year and they only come on to play some pos naruto game a lot of the better games have always been hidden behind the bs
Once again, this is unfounded bullshit. The evidence is, in fact, in the exact opposite of all this. Please look at the chart I posted already showing how BYOND is, in fact, getting a great amount more hits per month that we ever have before.
The same was said about DBZ a few years ago before Naruto became the hip thing with kids.

Dantom even takes the liberty of classifying games within categories/guilds so people who don't want anything to do with the DBZ/Narutard tandem won't have to look though them, and yet people still whine that BYOND is on the verge of "death" (whatever that means) without actually DOING something about it!

Kids, these days...
Pop, are you reading that chat correctly? It is upside down for some reason. The top is at 10,000, and the bottom is 80,000.
Haha, woops, forgot I had posted this. But yes, Popisfizzy, please take a look at that Alexa chart, the bottom is the higher number of hits, although the chart goes up, the number of hits goes down. :\
You're looking at the rank chart. The lower the rank, the better. Click on page views.

Well, you should know it takes longer to handcode a game than it does to download a source and stick a name on it.
Ishtama when you come on to check your comment pm me or e-mail me at [email protected]. Still want to help out with OM 3.0
OM 3.0 can tug on my nuts..so can this fiftyleven month old post.