ID:30371

Keywords: injustice
I was recently informed that a friend of mine has been banned for a week from a popular chatting program for being 'racist against naruto fans'... What the hell is that? Racism is the belief that one race of humans is inferior to another... A minority of fans to a TV show is now considered a different human race? Stupidity right there...
A minority of fans to a TV show is now considered a different human race?

I'd be proud to have them separated into a different human race.
As would I, but, alas, they aren't. =(
Weather you want them to be or not isn't the issue. The fact that a minority of fans to something is considered another race by the BYOND community is just stupid. Next you'll be saying that individual guilds are individual human races out in that real world.

Woah, man, I want wait to burn me some BYOND Strategy at the stake! (Not really, I have nothing against RTS or their fans. I quite enjoy a good RTS sometimes).
Based on that transcript, assuming it's verbatim and not altered, Jon88 definitely doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Given that I like Jon a lot, that's saying something. ;-)
While it isn't racism, It is bigotry. Kinda like how you're not SUPPOSED to do to Gay people but even politicians are. So yeah I guess you could compare Naruto fans to gay people now...
Attacks against homosexuals is considered 'homophobia' and it normally sprouts from lack of education on the subject and is assisted by (sadly enough...) males afraid other males are 'perving' on them.

Insults against someone for liking something is about the same as insulting someone who buys $200.00 jeans instead of the same $20.00 jeans. You mock something about them they like. It's hardly bigotry and it certainly isn't racism. I consider bigotry as something you insult that the person can't change. Sexual preference, religion (in some cases), skin colour etc. But as far as things that a person likes that someone doesn't, it's most just having a go to make yourself feel big. It's nothing special, and hardly worth the time of day to reprimand. The ignore command exists for these latter reasons. The ban command exists for the former reasons.
mikau has been unbanned.
rofl. Jon88 shouldn't be administrating on wiz_chat.
I thought he resigned like 8 months ago.
Jon88 is a fucking idiot. I dislike him strongly. >_>
I have nothing against the guy, I just contest his decisions.
Oh crap, I guess I'm one racist muthaf***a.
Narutard. Heh.
No, that's just the "Narutards" taking over.
Jon88 looks sorta bad now eh.
Tiberath wrote:
Next you'll be saying that individual guilds are individual human races out in that real world.

Don't mess with the crab people guild. We'll snip you up.
Craaaab people... craaaab people... taste like crab... talk like people... craaaab people...
Page: 1 2