ID:30378

I just finished beating the Elite Four in the most ridiculously long, painful, aggravating, but ultimately satisfying match in my entire 9 year Pokemon history.

The team going in:
Jynx - Level 44
Dialga - Level 52
Luxray - Level 45
Infernape - Level 40
Roselia - Level 42
Staraptor - Level 45
(Underleveled on purpose. It's meant to challenge me, not just overlevel and go easy mode.)

Coming out:
Jynx - Level 48
Luxray - Level 53
Dialga - Level 52
Infernape - Level 45
Roselia - Level 46
Staraptor - Level 49

It was the most horrendous, awful Pokemon experience ever. Basically, every Pokemon I had was vulnerable to an attack on anything in the Champion's party, and everything died in one hit to just about everything anyways. Not to mention, I took 13 critical hits that actually killed my Pokemon, that doesn't count the other criticals that I didn't count. Meanwhile, I crit 4 times myself in the entire series of all 30 enemy Pokemon. In addition, I didn't have ANY stat-uppers on the team except Roselia, who could use growth + giga drain (guess you gotta not die in one hit for that strategy ;).

Also, that Dialga was used for two Pokemon in the entire series. He wasn't EVed and I didn't want to waste it. So basically, the Elite Four with five level 40-45's.

A winner is me.

P.S. I downloaded Chariots of Fire when I beat it.

Netbattle picture:
Cool, I'm just hitting the elite four myself. Good to know my team can win it. Also, Luxray is probably the best Pokemon in the game. He is my lead, and for good reason. I can normally do at least half damage to an enemy in one hit, even if they are the same level. If an enemy is a type weak to electric, than I will kill them in one hit, even if they are a few levels above Luxray. The dark electric combo means that I have a strength over pretty much every Pokemon. I wish he were one of the starter Pokemon, then I wouldn't feel so bad about letting my starter lag behind(He is about 10 levels lower than Luxray).

Also, Dialga's main dragon move ROCKS. Granted, the recharge time is annoying, but it can normally kill any Pokemon in one hit, so it is great to finish off an enemy.

Also, this game seems to be short many fire types. So far, the only one I have encountered in the wild is Ponyta. It is really annoying.
Luxray isn't actually dark type, he just learns dark moves. And yeah, he, Jynx, and Staraptor are the only things that really got me through the champ.
Well, you used a Jynx. That's about the stupidest move you could make, everyone knows an Alakazam has the highest special attack in the game that isn't a legendary. >_> Your pokemon are extremely underleveled, it's probably why you had such a hard time. Also, why didn't you evolve your Roselia?
SpikeNeedle wrote:
Well, you used a Jynx. That's about the stupidest move you could make, everyone knows an Alakazam has the highest special attack in the game that isn't a legendary. >_> Your pokemon are extremely underleveled, it's probably why you had such a hard time. Also, why didn't you evolve your Roselia?

Jynx is dual-type with STAB on Ice, Ice hits more types super-effective than any other type in the game save Rock, and Rock attacks suck. Jynx also has Lovely Kiss, which is of utmost importance for catching things quickly, like all the Legendaries (I've caught 4 so far without using the Master Ball).

Alakazam is extremely overrated. He's only got STAB on one good attack - psychic, and anything that resists it, or the plentiful dark-types in team galatic easily counter him. In addition, he can't take a hit, and he crumples up. Fortunately Jynx has moderate special defense.

Basically Jynx > Alakazam for single-player. Ice Beam + Psychic + Lovely Kiss + Fake Tears = win, especially now that Alakazam can't even learn the elemental punches because they are physical.

Yes, they're extremely underleveled. That's on purpose. I specifically don't grind and level because of a desire for challenge, and a lack of patience. I went through the entire game with gym Pokemon that were higher levels by 2 (first) to 9 (last) greater than my highest Pokemon (Dialga was boxed immediately after I caught him, I carried two level 10~ HM slaves).

I never got a shiny stone. Roselia was a Budew until level 36, because I only played at night, too.

At any rate, I'm not a noob, don't call me stupid on my blog, and please see the picture now posted at the bottom of the article.
Huh? Is this a console game?
<= Confused
It's the DS version of Pokemon we are talking about.
I only needed my level 68-70 empoleon.
Also, this game seems to be short many fire types. So far, the only one I have encountered in the wild is Ponyta. It is really annoying.

Ponyta is, in fact, the only fire pokemon catchable in the wild in Pearl/Diamond.

If you've got one of the Advance games, you can transfer pokemon up from it via Pal Park, or you can have the GBA game in Slot 2 while playing Pokemon - apparently having a GBA game in adds extra pokemon to some areas, once you can get to Pal Park.
(off topic)
Polatrite, are you able to host Survival? I'm sure a few people may miss it, or wish to try it.
SpikeNeedle wrote:

Psh, Alakazam got replaced by Porygon-Z. Pory beats Alakazam in every stat except Attack and Special Attack. Alakazam has higher attack and they have equal Special Attack.

My Porygon-Z destroyed the Elite 4s Psychic team with its Signal Beam, with the exception of Bronzong. I hate that thing, so annoying.
All my pokemanz lag 20 levels behind my Torterra (Level 65). Except my Onix, who is level 52.

Still, I got all the way to Flint (With minimum supplies... Liek, 5 potions and 2 revives...) with that team, and as of right now I'm rebuilding my team. I have a Level 20 Pichu (Levels up with happiness) That I'm struggling with cause it likes sour poffins and I only have mild and sweet... Then there's the Riolu I caught that also levels with happiness... It's a real problem for meh. Happiness isn't my thing. I'm a stoner (Stones.) all the wai!
What ever happend to the original 150 :/. They made a mistake adding so many God damn pokemon.