ID:30562

Lately ive been getting into metal. And i really like it, though not all genres of metal. Mainly Powermetal and Opera Metal, and occasionally metal that sounds emo but isnt. Im not really a fan of Black Metal or Death Metal or anything thats super heavy and has screeching angry vocals.

So far these are just a few of my favorite bands, know any others that i might like based on my current list??

Dragonforce
Mercenary
Manticora
Nightwish
BlackMajesty
Zandelle
SymphonyX
I've only heard the first one on your list, and I can't stand them at all. Anyways, if you like industrial metal, try out Static-X. Here are a few videos of their's:
"Push It"
"The Only"
"I'm With Stupid"
I don't know if you've tried them yet or not, but some of UnderOath's stuff is okay.
Except that Underoath isn't metal. Also, ewww... Christian band.
Popisfizzy wrote:
Except that Underoath isn't metal. Also, ewww... Christian band.

meh, a few of their songs fall under the metal category
They have a few screamo songs too, but those tend to not be as great as most, depending on your mood at the time though these are awesome.

And yeah, despite falling under the Christian labels, they have more secular fans than Christian.

I'm not a fan of black metal or death metal either. It's seems like that's all you can find these days. They list themselves under every metal category as if they are not subgenres.

I'm not quite sure about Opera Metal, but I'd suggest Savatage (mostly the later stuff) and Dream Theater. Of course, Manowar will give a medieval powermetal fix.
yaaaay for mushroomhead
yaaaay for static-x
yaaaay for other stuff i'm too lazy to name right now.
Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius.

Kind of like Dragonforce, but better! :)
Opera Metal? Never head of that <.<

If you're referring to Progressive Metal, Dream Theater and Rush are the biggest.
I am not a fan of Dream Theater =/

Ill try the other ones listed here and see if they tickle my fancy
Look for a band name Trivium. If you don't like angry yelling lyrics, then check out their newest album, "The Crusade."

Oh, and dragonforce sucks.
Listen to Metallica, best band.
Dir en grey

and

Fear Factory

Links to the best songs via YOUTUUUUUUBE

Metallica is trash. They have a few decent songs, but for the most part don't bother.
Gordon_Freeman wrote:
The [new] Metallica is trash. They have a few decent songs, but for the most part don't bother[with the new Metallica, for the old Metallica raeps, and yes I spelled 'rape' wrong on purpose].

Fix'd

okay ive scoped out all the bands listed here except a few, i already never liked trivium much, nor metallica much

system of a down
Rush

are the only new bands ive taken a liking to

the rest of the bands you guys mentioned are decent but only have 1 or 2 good songs as opposed to good albums or majority good crop of songs.
Afghanimal519 wrote:
okay ive scoped out all the bands listed here except a few, i already never liked trivium much, nor metallica much

system of a down
Rush

are the only new bands ive taken a liking to

the rest of the bands you guys mentioned are decent but only have 1 or 2 good songs as opposed to good albums or majority good crop of songs.

You've never heard SOAD? I cry now.
Gaah, how can you not like Dir en grey?
Saku, Scream of an Aggitated Maggot, OBSCURE, Clever Sleazoid, Yokan

All great songs. But meh, that is just me
Gaah, how can you not like Dir en grey?

While Saku had quite a bit of melodic bits, it also had a lot of "screeching angry vocals". Some bands, like
Acts Magdalena and Wolverine, also manage to mix it well. However, you really have to be in the mood for it if you don't like death vocals in the first place.
No, old Metallica is equally bad, and not all new Metallica is bad.
Page: 1 2