ID:30564

After watching Dead Mans chest for the third time in two days, I noticed this:

When Jack is hanging upside down after he falls down from his pogo jump, while he's hanging, a shot of the land below him is a river. Yet when he lands after the fall, he hits solid grass with no cliffs next to him.

Yeah, I had noticed that too, but didn't really think anything of it.
They make a similar mistake in Space Jam(old movie, I know):When MJ gets sucked into the golf hole, you see both of his cleats lying next to the hole. However, when he arrives in Looney-Tune Land, he is miraculously wearing one of them again.
They mess up in movies all the time. Most people never notice, but some do.
Tib, sequels will always suck.
Not true, I found Dead Mans Chest to be just as good as the original.

I found "The Empire Strikes Back" to be just as good as "A New Hope".

I also found "Return of the Jedi" to be just as good as "The Empire Strikes Back" which in turn was as good as "A New Hope".
Did you also notice that when they got to that creepy lady and let the monkey loose, he ran into that room. And if you look closely, you see a pair of boots. That was that captain from the 1st movie. that lady revived him.
Continuity is always a problem with film making.
Javster wrote:
Did you also notice that when they got to that creepy lady and let the monkey loose, he ran into that room. And if you look closely, you see a pair of boots. That was that captain from the 1st movie. that lady revived him.

WIKIPEDIA HAX
I don't think they'd put someone in the set who wasn't meant to be there. I assume that would be his corpse waiting revival.
It is. He's the captain going to find Jack in the next movie. ;o
I know that, but the scene in question. The movie director himself wouldn't put an actor in a scene that isn't meant to be there. Thus it's not an error that you can see boots and feet. So, I assume that is the captains corpse before it's resurrected.
One thing that always bothered me. In the second(I think) Lord of the Rings movie, after the dwarf busted his ax trying to destroy the ring, he grabs his friends ax and proclaims "I'll put in my ax". It clearly wasn't his. That dwarf was an ass or a lier.

I actually had to watch that scene a few times to figure out how he got another ax. When I first saw it, I was the only one who caught the he broke his ax, then suddenly had another. Later I realized that he just stole someone else's.
On the subject of slipups: Click

Very nice site to find some of the 'mistakes.' Though, I have yet to see the car in the field in Lord of the Rings, but I never really 'checked' for that.