ID:30869

Hub Entry

Well, I'm at it again, with a new idea. Ascension Neo is going to be a strategy RPG, with a very unique, fast-paced battle system. Below is an overview (Sorry, no screenshots. :P) of what should be in the game (Sorry that it's so big).

Stats
Ascension Neo features nine major stats; Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Agility, Intelligence, Willpower, Luck, Health, and Mana; along with three minor stats; Defense, Magic Defense, and Mobility. Each stat will influence a hidden stat, determined by various formulas.

****NOTE: Damage is assumed of when your opponent has 0 Vitality and 0 Willpower.****

Strength influences the most amount of damage you can ever do with a melee attack.
Dexterity influences the least amount of damage you can ever do with a melee attack. It also influences the most amount of damage you can ever do with a ranged attack, and the amount of accuracy you will have.
Vitality influences the amount of defense you will have, and how much Health you will gain upon level up.
Agility influences the least amount of damage you will ever do with a ranged attack and how fast your ATB meter will fill up during battle.
Intelligence influences the most amount of damage you will ever do with a magic attack and influences the casting range for a spell.
Willpower determines how much magic defense you will have. It also influences the least amount of damage you will ever do with a magic attack, and how much Mana you'll gain upon level up.
Luck influences the rate of "Critical Hits" and "Mortal Blows" you will land. With more Luck, you will also increase your chances of hitting more than once. It also determines your evasion.

As you can see, each stat does affect more than one thing on your character. When you level up, you will gain stat points at a rate of 3+math.ceiling(Level/5), max being 10. You're able to use these stat points to raise the stats of your character. However, each stat won't cost 1 stat point forever. As you raise your stats, the point cost will increase at a rate of 1+math.floor(Stat/10), max being 10. Stat Points cannot be spent on Health and Mana.

Skills
Ascension Neo features three types of skills: Race-classified skills, Class skills, and Weapon skills. Skills can be leveled up to increase potency of it, and to unlock other skills. There are many different ways you can level up a skill, such as doing a simple battle action like attacking, or performing something as complex as a skill chain. However, only one skill can gain experience at a time. But for now, we'll just talk about the different types of skills.

Race-classified skills are skills that are determined by choosing your race. This type of skill is rated from Tier 5, being the easiest to level up, to Tier 1, being the hardest to level up. Every single player of the same race will have the same set of skills. These by far are the hardest skills to master, since they are useful throughout the entire game. Each race will have its own set of skills, such as a human's Hyper Blow (Tier 3) skill or an elf's Nature Disturbance (Tier 3) skill.

Preview of 1 Human skill:
Hot Pursuit: (Tier 2) Speed is your ultimate weapon. Destroy your enemies with swift movements.
Pre-Requisite: Inexperienced Hunter Lv. 1, Guard Blocker Lv. 10, Hyper Blow Lv. 10
Max Level: 15
Power: 10+Skill Level+math.ceiling(Agility/5)
Range: 1F, 1B, 1L, 1R, 1FR, 1FL, 1BR, 1BL
Total S. Experience: 1800
Stat Modifier: None

# of Race-classified skills: 117 (13 for each race)

Class skills are skills that are determined by choosing your class. Like Race-classified skills, Class skills are varied among the classes (with the exception of Magician, Cleric, and Summoner). This type of skill is rated from Tier 6, being the easiest to level up, to Tier 1, being the hardest to level up. Class skills do not take as long to level up as Race-classified skills.

Preview of 1 Paladin skill
Light Thrust: (Tier 3) Your holy sword cuts a path through darkness. Walk this path and purge the darkness that surrounds you.
Pre-Requisites: ???
Max Level: 15
Power: math.floor((5*Skill Level)/Target Holy Resistance)
Range: 4F
Total S. Experience: 785
Stat Modifiers: +50% (If target race Demon)

# of Class skills: Unknown

Weapon skills are skills that can be used while that weapon is equipped. The skill set will differ from the weapon type. This type of skill is rated from Tier 13, being the easiest to level up, to Tier 1, being the hardest to level up. One thing to remember is that experience gained on one weapon will not crossover to another weapon of the same type.

Preview of 1 of Excalibur's (One Handed Sword) skills
Holy Rainfall: (Tier 1) Smite those who stand to oppose you. Your judgement is almighty.
Pre-Requisites: ???
Max Level: 8
Power: math.ceiling(((20*Skill Level)*Holy Resistance)*Target Dark Resistance)
Range: 4F, 4B, 4L, 4R, 4FL, 4FR, 4BL, 4BR
Total S. Experience: 1600
Stat Modifiers: Damage: +50% (If target race Demon)

# of Weapon skills: Unknown

Races & Classes
I'm not going to tell you much of these, since that will ruin the game, but I will give you a list of both the races and classes.

Races (Ordered by rarity. Top being least rare.)
Apparitions
Demons
Elves
Humans
Trolls
Orcs
Fract
Dormet
Goust

Classes (No particular order.)
Alchemist
Archer
Assassin
Cleric
Gunner
Magician
Merchant
Monk
Paladin
Summoner
Tamer
Warrior

I'll post more about the different aspects of the game later.
sounds like quite a big project. would be awsome to see it in action.
This project has already failed :(
Tell me how it's already failed. I'll take any feedback, good or bad, for now.
I think he was getting at: "Never announce something you have not yet done. Try, and you will be instantly robbed of the determination to do it. 100% guaranteed!"
I see. Usually that's the opposite for me. When I start on a new project, I normally don't tell anymore, but I do lose interest. For me, this project is different, I do have the drive and determination to work on it, even though I have announced it.