Poll: Did I win?

Yes. 52% (9)
No. 0% (0)
You're Disturbed. 11% (2)
I'd do the same thing. 29% (5)
Screw PETA. 0% (0)
Screw you. 5% (1)

Only BYOND Members can vote.

Yeah, about a week ago, I got into an argument at school with this mega liberal prick about how cows are treated inhumanely*. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the standards held by the USFDA concerning beef, but I like steak, so I'll keep pacified about it. Anyways, the guy told me he'd buy me steak dinner, if I agreed to watch this video of how they treat cows. What he didn't know is that I'm good friends with a kid who's family raises cattle, so a video is nothing(yes, I've gone to his house too, damn good porterhouse). Well, we went to the local butcher, ordered a nice 12 oz steak, went to his place(the PETA guy), and watched the political video, all while eating this delicious T-Bone. He threw up after the video was over, because I told him the steak didn't fill me up, and I was going to Arby's to buy a Large Roast Beef**. In other words, he had to put his money where my mouth was.

*- The bet was if I couldn't stand the video, I had to donate $100 to PETA, and another $50 to the local no-kill shelter. If I could stand it, and finished the steak, He paid for my steak.
**- I didn't actually go, because 12 ounces of beef is more than enough for me in a day.
Heh, nice. You should probably've told him about how Peta are mental and they'll definitely not ever improve the conditions those cattle and chickens and such have to live in.

To be honest if I ran a battery-farming farm thing, I'd probably kick my animals every time Peta complained just to spite 'em.
Nice work. I wish I new people that I could get free steak off.
You're my hero =)
Well, it came up randomly in class, when we were talking about the race(Coca-Cola 600, I live near Charlotte and Concord*, where the race is), and where everyone was going to eat. Someone mentioned going to a steak house, and the guy went livid, so we(the class and this one guy) started arguing, which led to a little debate between the two of us, and the bet. The best part of it was that the guy had to pay for the very thing he's against. That makes me feel good for some reason.

*In North Carolina, USA
Cows cause global warming. So it is our duty as green activists to eat them.
Heh, the Coca-Cola 600 was big, I avoided the track(And Mills, and even the Concord Walmart) because I figured there would be way too much traffic.

Oh yeah, I live just outside of Concord as well.

Back to the topic: I love me some meat. I have no hard feelings about raising an animal just to kill it to eat. Sure, I'd love to be able to genetically create a sack of meat that had no brain so that we could get the meat and not harm a living animal, but then, Peta would never allow that.
Oh the humanity! He thinks that cows are being mistreated? LOOK AT THE SEAFOOD ON HARD GAYS MANLY CHEST! THEY AREN'T EATEN AND HAVE SPEARS THROUGH THEM!
Point him in the directio of Penn and Teller's "Bullshit" episode concerning PETA...