ID:31490

So... since a project that I've been thinking about required an isometric library and supported height, I figured I would make my own (Jp's wasn't satisfactory, no offense >_<, and TMDI's Iso8 used Map Z layers for Height, which disallowed instancing maps). After about two hours of work, I've gotten it working near flawlessly. The main problem is the fact that players who aren't on the host machine get graphical glitches, but I think that this is because of how BYOND manages client.screen.

Here's a screenshot of the demo (just for the heck of it)

Click Here for the Hub Entry!

I also think that this is the only library on BYOND that has support for 64x64 axonometric cubes.

If you have any problems or comments, just reply to this post or go to the D4RK3 54B3R forums. Thanks for checking this out.
very cool! may have a job for you later this summer. :)
Look very good, hopefully you will be using this for a future project, Darke?
Wow, nice work! I wasn't expecting the roof support!

Now I'm tempted to make a game just to test it out :D
Woot! Civ FTW!
Neat library. Probably the first Isometric library so far on BYOND thats easy to use. I might use it in something =P I had a project a while back that was going to run on iso8 but this seems much easier to work with. With some easy coding I can implement a camera angle changing system too.
Also, this is designed to work with elevation systems. I could probably plug one in from Antlion Troopers and it would work fine.
Nice work, D5
Works really well!
My library allows for height. I find it easy to use, too. Just doesn't have any documentation. :P
Jp wrote:
My library allows for height. I find it easy to use, too. Just doesn't have any documentation. :P

Yours allows the camera to be in the air?
Make Documentation dang you! >_>
Ah! That's what you meant.

It doesn't have any specific procedures for it, but it is doable, because it allows the size of the tiles to be altered.

Can't be bothered documenting it, though. <_<. At least, not right now.

(Incidentally, check for usr abuse - that's the most likely cause I can think of for the glitch. It's likely hidden in a call to range() or view())