ID:32215

Wage war on your friends and enemies in this simple yet engaging strategy game. Easy to learn and quick to play, Mayhem Intergalactic is still surprisingly strategic. Play against the computer, or duke it out with friends over the internet. The universe shall be yours! And after you've conquered it once, why not do it again? Endless fun for the whole family!

Screenshot
(click to enlarge screenshot)

Now available at a website near you for the low, low price of $18.95 USD! Yay! And about time! I figure I owe BYONDers a little thankyou, so here goes: Enter the discount code ZRT000RI when ordering to receive 20% off. This offer is valid for one week; it ends on July 11, 2007, so get your copy now and save, save, save, save, save, save! ... I think you get the idea. ;-) Get your free demo of Mayhem Intergalactic now! Hours of fun, guaranteed, or your money back! P.S. It's Windows only, for now. If you'd like to have a Mac or Linux copy, sign up to the newsletter and I'll send out a notice when it's available for those platforms.
Bought and waiting on my email! Thanks for the great game!
I'm buying this friday, when I get my paycheck :D
I love you guys. :-)
:D
I might get a copy. :D

[Edit]: I love the Escape Velocity: Nova music. >.>
I played the demo it seems cool, I may pick up a copy. Just curious what did you program the game in?
*bought'd*

I won't be playing it immediately, as I am currently lacking in a decent computer, but I'd like to take advantage of the 20% off. :P

I'll be telling various friends about the existence of this game - YAGSACG brought me a helluva lot of fun, and I'd rather like to spread it around. As well as provide you with some sort of recompense.

EDIT: Incidentally, Crispy, do you know how well this runs under WINE? Just out of curiousity - tide me over until you make the Linux version.
Jp: It ran fine on WINE for me for a while, then it just crapped out. I think it was a WINE update. I haven't played with the beta in the newest version of WINE though, so it may be fixed.
Soldierman wrote:
Just curious what did you program the game in?

D, using SDL and OpenGL.

Jp wrote:
I'll be telling various friends about the existence of this game - YAGSACG brought me a helluva lot of fun, and I'd rather like to spread it around. As well as provide you with some sort of recompense.

Thanks! I appreciate it. Goodness knows I do need advertising. :-)

As for WINE, I don't know for sure. It has been run on WINE before without too many problems, but I haven't tried recently. I'll let you all know when the Linux version comes out though; it should be soon, I've got it running on my system already. I just have some linking and packaging issues to sort out, as well as a couple of Linux-specific bugs.
Sounds good. My budget is a little too stretched right now, but hopefully next Wednesday I'll be able to sneak some money off for it. It's too bad you can't port this to the 360, you'd make a killing on Marketplace.
Looks pretty good there, Crispy. I'm not really able to spare any money for it right now, but hopefully some day I'll be able to grab a copy.
DarkView wrote:
It's too bad you can't port this to the 360, you'd make a killing on Marketplace.

Well, I could port it (XNA anyone?). It'd take a while though, and I have no current plans to do so. Mostly because there's no guarantee that I'd be able to get it listed. It's basically the equivalent of landing a retail publishing deal. Which is not to say I couldn't do it; it's just a bit more risky and requires a lot of commitment.

There are "portal" sites for downloadable PC games which function along similar lines that I may submit it to at some point, once I see how well it's selling and fix any problems.
I'll buy... as soon as I get paid :p (which might be up to about a month or so).
I'll buy when I can afford to :) Good job, Crispix!
Hmm, I get an error when I tried to download it. Let me take a screen shot...
http://dbeta.com/yagsacg/yagsacg_nsis_error.png
Oh, and just to note, I downloaded it twice just to test.
Looks like it was a productive hiatus. ;)
Yes, Flick, yes it was. =) (Technically it's still ongoing - I still have the forums blocked.)

Danial - Hmm, I'll investigate. It's possible it didn't upload properly. I'll send you a separate link in the meantime (check your email).

Edit: Yeah, the paid version didn't upload properly. Bah.

Edit*2: Should be fixed now.
The download link you sent me didn't work, but the one from the website I bought it on did. It's working.

When a few people have it, we need to organize a game or two online.
Oops! Looks like I've still got some things to fix.

Yes, I'd like to encourage more online play. It's lying a bit idle at the moment.
Page: 1 2