Woohoo!

I bought a copy earlier today, and was bitten by the incomplete download file... But it's definitely working now!

Now to rename all of the shortcuts to "Yet Another Space Age Conquest Game" : p
If you're going to revert to the old name, at least do that rather than introducing another new one. ;-)

(See, this is one reason why I needed to rename it. Nobody ever got it right!)
Oh yeah, forgot the "Generic" (ironically, my favorite partof the old name)...lol
Just to ask, what are you doing for advertisement? And I noticed you used a third party that seems to be specialized in indy software distribution, how much do they take of your profits? Paypal has a really good API if you want to take the time to get all the handshaking working.
DarkView wrote:
Sounds good. My budget is a little too stretched right now, but hopefully next Wednesday I'll be able to sneak some money off for it. It's too bad you can't port this to the 360, you'd make a killing on Marketplace.

I'd love to see this game on the Marketplace! I could see it being among one of the popular games on the Live Arcade. =D
I would think the price might be a bit high for the market place. As I understand it, nothing on there is over $15 except for the Oblivion expansion pack.
My check came in today instead of Friday, so I am gonna go buy it after I cash it.
EDIT
Nevermind. It will have to be tomorrow, bank is not open :'[
Danial.Beta wrote:
Just to ask, what are you doing for advertisement?

Nothing yet, really. Just posting on forums and such. Later I'll be sending out a press release, and I'm also looking into paid advertising through e.g. ProjectWonderful.com, and possibly Google ads. I'm also going to try to get it reviewed at review sites and gaming magazines.

And I noticed you used a third party that seems to be specialized in indy software distribution, how much do they take of your profits? Paypal has a really good API if you want to take the time to get all the handshaking working.

Yes, I use BMT Micro to handle payments. They do a lot of shareware stuff, not just indie software (though arguably most shareware is "indie"). They take 9.5%, but they insulate me from chargebacks, they handle the commerce-related support queries, they offer a much wider variety of payment options than I could easily offer if I was doing it myself, and best of all they already have all the features I need.

And I still get 90.5% of what I make, so I'm not complaining. :-) That's a lot more than you'll get from most distribution channels.

I could deal more directly with credit card gateways and Paypal, yes, but that's a fair amount of extra work. I researched this pretty thoroughly before settling on BMT.

Ol' Yeller wrote:
I'd love to see this game on the Marketplace! I could see it being among one of the popular games on the Live Arcade. =D

Why thank you. :-)

Re:Marketplace price - The price would of course have to be lower if I was selling it on Marketplace. That's OK - I'd make up for it with volume!

Still, not likely to happen soon. Maybe one day.
So, who else has this? Anyone up for a game tonight?
If you're looking for a game, check out the forum; there's at least one person there wanting to meet up.
Page: 1 2