Regressia

by IainPeregrine
Regressia
Relive the glory days of gaming with a new single-player RPG. Regressia is a BYOND game like no other. It is 100% complete and uses all original Graphics, Music, and Programming. This is the real experience.
ID:328901

So you remember:
"The only other problem I've noticed is that sometimes you can run a long time with no battles but other times I'll get into three battles before I can move literally one spot. So it seems a little uneven on how often you get battles."

Schnitzelnagler seems to have a pretty feasible solution =).

Schnitzelnagler said: Here
"How about conditional-random encounters?
Track how many steps you took for the penultimate and the last encounter, then use both ratios as modifier for the encounter probability.
That way you can circumvent some heaps."

Its cool that I can post here, most forums don't allow non-members to post(actually that assumption kept me from posting here in the past).

Can't wait to play the full game!

[Edit] Almost forgot to suggest this, but instead of saying "Your adventure has been saved" or "Your name has been saved", it could be something like "Your adventure(name) has been recorded". Then its like you're making History as you play through the game.
I think "Your adventure has been saved" is best of the options I've considered. Somewhere along the way you need to be very blunt and say "Your game is saved, you can turn it off now".

I've changed the way random encounters are generated, and fixed a couple text errors. I feel odd updating with such a minor fix, though. If I don't get any more suggestions or reports by tomorrow night, I'll just upload the latest revision with these changes. Thanks for the input.

Its cool that I can post here, most forums don't allow non-members to post(actually that assumption kept me from posting here in the past).

I don't see how it benefits me to not get suggestions from people, just because they don't have a membership. At this stage I think BYOND benefits more from finished quality games than from whatever revenue might be generated by me snubbing non-members on my forums. In any case, good to have you :)