ID:32972

Keywords: 4point, tbss
Debated about posting this, but, I figured what the hell:

I gotta say, I'm likin the 4point. Now, there's nothing too much new (and 4pointesque) in this screenie (the map screen is a bit bigger and seems to run a bit faster), but I really like the interface flexibility (and plan to explore it more) and I'm liking the new controls.

I especially like the pace new features are coming down the line.
Is this made in BYOND 4.0?
If so, I really really like!
That looks amazing.
Your CSS looks extremely strange in my browser, Firefox 2.0.0.5, Windows 2000.
Same OS and same browser, and it all looks fairly sweet to me.

That sure beats the snot out of anything I've made with it so far. Note to self; talk DDT into remaking Dragon Snot for v4.0.
Looks awesome!

Also, the CSS looks fine to me. The only odd thing I can spot is that the gradient for this image isn't working.
You truly are a god.
Heheh I remember seeing screenies of this game a while back.
It still looks kick ass. :D
Thanks, peoples. It's coming along ok, I think. We'll see if it actually runs with more than one person. The openGL stuff really seems to be helping with it, and some of the other new features are allowing me to do some things I didn't think I'd be able to do.

I'm already thinking of bells & whistles you can do with some of it. Controls (like the map) that zoom open. Fade-ins and outs (which I've already got a crude version of) for the map, translucent windows over background graphics (like animated gifs), etc.

A not so flashy 4.0 improvement I'm really likin is the new 16 million datum limit (thanks, Lummox!). I think this really opens up some more straightforward large-scale design.

@Jp: What looks strange? The header banner?

@DC: I think that may be what he means. If so, yeah, the new headbars killed any subtitle background images.

@Mag-lite: Honestly, that job looks like a pain in the arse. Thanks, but no thanks.
Yummy meat for tomorrow's Tech Tree. =)

I'm with you on the enlarged datum limit. Actually, that, along with the directed outputs, impresses me much more than the graphical touches.
I've got images off on this computer - Firefox 1.5.0.12, running under Red Hat Linux Something.

First things first - I get weird sidescroll. The comments box at the absolute bottom sort of runs off the screen. The line below the 'save' button on the 'add a comment' box is level with the 'save' button's lower line, which looks a bit strange to mine eye. There's a line the same colour as the 'add a comment' box's border just under the BYOND banner, roughly centred in it.

This all happens in the comment page. The main blog is fine.
Moar sauce for my noodles please.
@Jp:

Sidescroll: That's on purpose. The comment box div (.comments) always does extend to the bottom of the page. Most blogs, this has no border and is invisible. I added a border and then for each comment added a border on top (to create a division between them.

Save Button: True. That does look wierd. I believe that was changed towards the end and I was so sick of CSS that I just wanted it to work and not screw with it anymore. I'll change that.

Centered Yellow Text under Byond Banner: I think that's an artifact link from the previous non-mandatory headbar. It's the link back to the blog site. I see if I can snag it by enlarging the div I think it may be, and then remove it.

I've got images off on this computer - Firefox 1.5.0.12, running under Red Hat Linux Something.

So the images work there?

Basik:
No! You pay for sauce on plate! You get sauce on plate! You want moar sauce, you pay moar sauce. Then we taaaaaalk.
B-e-a-utiful...
Wow man, amazing.
epic. beautiful, and refreshing.
Your screenshots look awesome. I actually tried to make a game like that a while ago (http://files.byondhome.com/Foomer/40defaultskin.jpg is a picture of it, well, the graphics anyway), but I never could get things to work the way I wanted to, and it was too much trouble, so I discontinued it. But if things are actually working good in your game, it would definitely be a... well I don't know what it would be, but it would be cool.
Foomer wrote:
(http://files.byondhome.com/Foomer/40defaultskin.jpg is a picture of it, well, the graphics anyway)

More, please.

...it would definitely be a... well I don't know what it would be, but it would be cool.

Really the only adjective I'd like applied to it at this point is 'finished' :P
More, please.

There isn't more. I gave up on it, remember. :P

Really the only adjective I'd like applied to it at this point is 'finished' :P

Finished is good. I'm all for that. I'd like some myself. I've got < 5 of maybe 20-25 areas of my game finished. If I can hold out for a little longer, I might get all the way!