Foomer wrote:
TheMonkeyDidIt wrote:
Now when is 5.0 coming out for god's sake?

Tom did casually mention that now that 4.0 is out, they don't have to work on several different versions at once anymore, so making more updates should be easier. Of course, now that everyone's all burned out, that probably won't happen anyway.

When a team of developers finished a 4 year running modification for Jedi Knight. They said once it's out they will no longer continue developing. After a week, the started up again under the message "It's hard to leave something you spent a lot of your younger life working on". So it's safe to say, after ten years, Tom probably wont just up and give up.

If he does, I'd give it a month before he's like *cry* I made that!

Let's just say, BYOND needs money. If BYOND can become like, totally really profitable for Tom, Dan might come back. With Tom, Dan, Lummox JR and Mike H at the helm. BYOND would be completely unstoppable.

Everyone, buy lottery tickets! Then give a good 2 mil to Tom. <.<
Wow. It's like the entire gang of awesome BYONDers, and I do mean -entire- gang, since there's so few, *cough cough* showed up. We're just missing Darke, Crispy, and Nadrew.
The new byond 4.0 SUCKS. its so laggy
Now...if you can get the GUI up for Mac OSX :p
Ok, i just think that they should make it back to the old version a bit. It might need more coding but they should make it so that you have an option to set it back to the old version on the main byond logging screen connection.

So like if you set it back to te old one you can make things smaller and minimize screen and stuff and it won't lag but you don't get the skin option.

ALso you can make it normal like it is now but it's too laggy and too complicated and able to use skin.

I find this too hard. You should make it optional. Like you should make improvment for both not just change the whole thing.
Thank you
I think the system is a very good 3.5 simulation right now -- if you run on 1024x768 res and your world.view is 8 or larger, your statpanels would be on the right anyway.

To make a perfect BYOND 3.0 simulation in 4.0, you would have to include some code within the project itself. Since the default skin can't just arbitrarily include additional code in a compiled world, it has to make due with what it has.

That said, making the default skin a little smarter and a little closer to what's familiar is a high priority, even though any sane developer should be making his own skin from scratch!
TheMonkeyDidIt wrote:
Congrats to ...Mouse...

eh? i had nothing to do with it. i'm just a forum moderator (and a pain-in-the-ass one at that), and cheat little kids out of their....erm, i mean, do a little BYOND hosting as a hobby.

since there is no intention for a GUI Linux version in the future, that's the extent of my interaction.
Page: 1 2