nice piture You shuold be photographer 0_o lol
I like the grass and trees. But the HUD is defenetly the best feature in this picture.
Jeffrey S wrote: you don't get bonus points for being original, no A+ for effort. they're far from perfect and some of them look like, for lack of a better word, shit.

Jeffry I don't see how a turf that goes with the game is equal to shit. That wasn't even constructive criticism IMO more of an insult to the work that has been done for a while.
However I do admit, some of the dark grass near the hospital should stay at where the trees are instead

Being original instead of copying others, shows you care about what you're doing more since you put effort into it.

It has dark and light grass turf which matches parts of Naruto when they did missions, went to Wave country, and Forest of Death along with other areas.

Jeffrey S wrote:
Masterdan wrote:
Hmm lots of critisism of the turfs. They arent perfect but you know what, everything from the grass to the trees to the buildings was hand drawn by a graphic artist. Most games on byond just use RPGMakerXP tilesets or rip off an entire SNES game. Im pretty proud of how well the game is looking, Its not perfect though and we continue adding new graphics and updates every day because of that.

you don't get bonus points for being original, no A+ for effort. they're far from perfect and some of them look like, for lack of a better word, shit.

Yes, GOA has shit turfs thanks for comming out but we are probably the only byond game that doesnt rip off rpgmaker turfs, and the quality we have come to is damn impressive anyway. And you do get points for being original, you goddamn troll.
You should make another anime game besides arruto and DBZ Dan. You should make a game of an anime that hasnt been on byond yet. Trigun would be a good one.
Masterdan wrote:
we are probably the only byond game that doesnt rip off rpgmaker turfs,

*cough* <__<

...Yeah.....That was a pretty retarded thing to say Dan.
Come on now guys, it was too large of a generalization, but you know he wasn't talking about games that obviously don't.

Anyway to be honest, a lot of things on GOA still lack on the graphics side, which is why I am doing my best to fix things. Before Dan pretty much had to do everything himself, when doing icons and turfs aren't what he does, he's a programmer. So yeah, he did show it, so yes you have every right to critique it, but you know, don't write it off untill you play the Beta, and then even our 4.0 update.
I haven't read what everyone has said below so as to not influence my opinion.

I think the turfs look quite good and I generally tend to hate any screenshots people show. Not sure what the hell that orange/red thing is though.
Abhishake wrote:
I haven't read what everyone has said below so as to not influence my opinion.

I think the turfs look quite good and I generally tend to hate any screenshots people show. Not sure what the hell that orange/red thing is though.

Its an epic fireball, drawn by me XD
Although you seem like a pretty big douche, I'd have to say your game looks pretty interesting, although the graphics could use a bit of work.
That looks great! I like the graphic style.
Page: 1 2