ID:33706

One of my dad's friends is having a problem with his computer. It runs the Microsoft XP operating system. When the computer starts up, he gets a ton of error messages from various system processes, saying this it will be forced to close. However, these are probably viruses, because the names of these processes are ones like: fneaefs.exe, xadfas.exe, ect. I was thinking of making a batch file or executable to just end all of these in one click instead of clicking through over 150 errors. I tried using the tskill command in DOS, but whenever I try to end a process with it, it says "Could not find process" I also get the same thing when I was experimenting with other processes that were not malicious, such as firefox.exe, and got the same error. Anyone know how I could end a whole bunch of processes with one executable or batch file?
Or you could just go delete all the .exe files or you know give him a good virus scanner that doesn't suck?
Try looking in the System32 directory or use the properties button while the task manager is up.
Use msconfig to stop any wonky processes from starting up. Or the startup editor in programs like Spybot that is more comprehensive.
Boot into safe mode then run virus scan.