from Tom: "Hosting a 3.5 game on a 4.0 server will make it inaccessible to all 3.5 clients, so you don't want to force that until 4.0 is reasonably stable.

I recommend waiting until we get the next update out; it shouldn't be more than a few days now. This will resolve the graphics issues and give people no legitimate reason to keep 3.5 around."

so based on that recommendation, i will post-pone updating until the next beta update arrives.

sorry for the delay, but this should be better for everyone.