ID:33947

People...one question thats on my mind is, do you
like, think that subliminal messages work?
A question like this can only be answered by
you, the community. Since your the one its affecting.
Does implanted thoughts really stay implanted
but through you subconscious? Maybe I'm being over-
zealous about this. Maybe they really don't work.
Gosh, I feel stupid. Making this long rant for no reason.
Anybody else think I'm stupid because of this?
Meh, who cares right? As long as I believe in myself.
E=MC...w/e
See ya folks.

End of subliminal message.
I suppose your subliminal message is 'Play games'?
No, play DBZ games. And it works! =o
Yay, fear the subliminal!
Only thing that came to my mind was crimson star-shaped flowers, and a Lotus Esprit.
Foomer wrote:
Only thing that came to my mind was crimson star-shaped flowers, and a Lotus Esprit.

Thats exactly what I was going for. Thank you for noticing the true message!
Well, though I see the joke (as soon as I noticed the odd line breaks in that paragraph, it became apparent to me), I'm going to answer this seriously...

I do believe that the mind absorbs information all the time without our being consciously aware of it... It gathers everything, even without "telling" us...

For instance, on many, many occasions when I'm in an area with a radio playing that I can't quite hear (at work, mostly, when the radio can't be heard over the noises of machines and such), I'll get a song into my head... Seconds later (if the sound dies down, or I move to a quieter area), I become aware that the song in my head is actually playing on the radio...

I'm not psychic, of course... The truth is that even though I wasn't consciously aware of it, my brain had actually heard the song in the background... It wasn't within the range that I'm paying conscious attention to, but my mind still picked it up, and leaked it to my consciousness, putting the song into my head before I really became aware that it was on...

And I'm sure this isn't limited to sound... It almost definitely works the same way with visual input as well (smell too!)

And therefore, information sent to us subliminally is most likely being picked up by our brains even if we don't know it...

However, whether or not that sneaky information can influence our conscious actions to any great extent, I can't say...
Well on a more serious note, I do believe it works. Anyone ever see Darren Brown? he uses subliminal messaging to implant all of his illusions of psychic abilities. He is very good at it too. Most of the tricks he explains have some sort of subliminal message in it. The idea is to implant something subconsciously.