ID:34148

Keywords: my_life_etc
So in the year that we've been engaged, I've never seen my fiance Becca forget to wear her engagement ring. She takes it off in the morning when she takes a shower and gets ready for the day, but always puts it back on right away.

Anyway, yesterday she was in a rush and late for an appointment and she forgot to wear her ring; she left it on the bathroom counter. When we got home at the end of the day, the ring was nowhere to be found.

Long story short, we suspect our damn cats were either playing with it and hid it somewhere, or one of them inadvertently swallowed it. I don't even know if it's possible for a small cat to swallow a diamond ring... but I guess we'll find out.

We turned our apartment upside down last night looking for it. We even checked out the bathroom sink and bath drains. To be sure that the cats would actually have played with the ring, I put another one of Becca's rings on the counter in the bathroom. Sure enough, the little bastards hopped up and swatted it around, and even picked it up with their mouths.

The freaking ring could be anywhere in our apartment; which means that we have 1100 square feet to search. Arg.

They may look innocent, but Pillow and Piccolo are on my s*** list right now.

Looks like someone will be meticulously scanning the litter boxes for the next few days. :-p
That's pretty cute though...
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/4316/ringcatpd4.jpg

Normally I hate these memes, but I couldn't resist.
It's a sign!
Actually, this would be more like it.

This cat is most likely the culprit, look at how he's just laying around with the look of "What's the matter, lose a ring?" on his face.
LOL! Hilarious pictures!

Mikau is probably right though: Pillow (the white one) is the little nightmare cat. He's also always had a fixation with Becca's ring, and bites at it when it is on her finger.

We just scheduled an appointment with the vet to get them X-Rayed in the morning. $68 an X-Ray, bastards.
$68 for an X-ray? I love how they've legalized theft.
Actually, screw the X-ray, save yourself some money and give the cats a slight big of X-Lax. It'll be cheaper and you'll know if the cats did it, or which one did it. I'm not a fan of X-lax, I don't think it's that good for you or anything, but it'll save you quite a bit of cash from those thieves.
Well, if they did swallow a rinf, an X-ray is a good idea as it may cause problems passing. A diamond isn't exactly easy on tissue.

I would be trying hard not to manually open up the cats if this happened to me. Hopefully, they just knocked under some furniture or took it back to their "nest" (do your cats keep a nest/treasure pile area? Usually behind something).
Yeah they keep a treasure area... right under the over. We pulled out the metal drawer at the bottom and found about 15 of her hair bands that they like to play with, but no ring.

I'm actually hoping that they swallowed it at this point, because I have no idea where else to look!
Look on the bright side, now you're free to lie about it. 'why yes, the engagement ring I brought her had eight diamonds, each the size of a dolls head. It was like a gauntlet of money, power and success, but because of the accident we decided to go with a simpler ring for the wedding'.
DarkView wrote:
Look on the bright side, now you're free to lie about it. 'why yes, the engagement ring I brought her had eight diamonds, each the size of a dolls head. It was like a gauntlet of money, power and success, but because of the accident we decided to go with a simpler ring for the wedding'.

That description with the news of a cat eating it does not spell "believable story."
Bought not brought.
I love cats. =P