mob/verb/Icon_32()
winset(client,"MapName.WindowName","icon=32)
Actually Yash, it's icon-size=32, and you forgot to close the quote.
Oh, sorry about that, heres a correction Redemption:
mob/verb/Icon_32()
winset(client,"MapName.WindowName","icon-size=32")

Make sure to tab the second line.
Will lesson 5 ever be done? I really wish to see your methods on making windows...
Lummox JR wrote:
It's not possible to have two info controls, but you can write to a grid like so: player << output("blah", "grid:1,1")

Just felt i had to reply on this, Icon Ultima has Two info's, kind of.

The verb tab brings up another info inside of the current info (Tabs like, build verbs, chat verbs ect ect)

How would that be achieved?

Lesson 5 is mostly written and standing by.

As for Icon Ultima, it does not have two info controls. If you're seeing tabs in more than one place, then either it's the same info control with multiple tab rows, or it's a separate tab control. There is no way to support two info controls--the frontend just doesn't know how to deal with it.
As for Icon Ultima, it does not have two info controls. If you're seeing tabs in more than one place, then either it's the same info control with multiple tab rows, or it's a separate tab control. There is no way to support two info controls--the frontend just doesn't know how to deal with it.

It doesnt seem like it has more tab rows, could you take a look please? It seriously looks like an info inside of an info

No, I can't really go hopping into games to check out that kind of thing. I can tell you for sure there is absolutely no way to put an info control inside another info control, let alone use two info controls at all. What you are likely seeing is an info control inside a tab control, or a tab inside a tab.
Lummox JR wrote:
No, I can't really go hopping into games to check out that kind of thing. I can tell you for sure there is absolutely no way to put an info control inside another info control, let alone use two info controls at all. What you are likely seeing is an info control inside a tab control, or a tab inside a tab.

If you say so

How long does it take to go from Standing by to posted? ;P

So I've made my own skin and such with the great help of this tutorial, and I'd love to see a way to fix the screen size.. with the different resolutions people have, it's difficult for others to play and see part of their screens sides gone.. perhaps there's a way to set the map where it wont move from it's anchors and that the view size could always be set to view = 8 and not have the sides blackened? I've been trying to fix this for days.. and the forums have not really helped for this at all.
Keep trying the forums; this isn't the best place to ask, really. I noticed your questions on the forums about this have been a bit on the vague side, and I'm not sure what you mean by "fix the screen size" in this context. If you can add to your forum posts with some more details, people might be better able to answer your questions there.
Lummox JR wrote:
Keep trying the forums; this isn't the best place to ask, really. I noticed your questions on the forums about this have been a bit on the vague side, and I'm not sure what you mean by "fix the screen size" in this context. If you can add to your forum posts with some more details, people might be better able to answer your questions there.

Yeah I've been too vague on my problem.. I just posted up again on the forums: http://www.byond.com/developer/forum/?id=694871 , hopefully now that I kinda figured out the issue someone might know how to help. Thanks by the way.
Still no Part 5...
Sadfaec :C
*Screams like a gurl*
I demand part 5!
I got 8 errors and could not do anything after part 2.
is this game fun
Luis232 wrote:
is this game fun

This isn't a game. It's part of a tutorial on how to use BYOND to create custom interfaces for games.

This comment is a rather interesting reflection of how the youth may browse the site.
Hey, we need the part 5! I have been experimenting with interfaces for a while, and I finally got bored enough to go through this whole tutorial, and I can just say that I am glad I was bored! Please make a part 5 soon!
How about links? How do I make a link of a blog or a website in a menu spot? What command I have to use?
Use an output, then output the link. Make it look better by using HTML.
Page: 1 2 3