ID:36123

Keywords: byond
I'm not sure why everyone is complaining profusely about the rating system of your blog posts. It's not the end of the world, it's just another way to get peoples opinions on your opinions.

.post_vote{display:none;}

There you have it folks, your insecurity is gone.
people have to complain about every new change, silly. It's a tradition.
For the record, a primary motivation for this feature was to ease Lummox JR into the website code (with which he's become proficient at a breakneck pace; it's quite impressive). A lot of sites (digg, youtube, urbandictionary, amazon, etc) have this sort of feature and it seemed like a reasonable thing to experiment with.

As usual, I don't see what the big deal is since I hardly notice the votes (they are pretty well hidden). Our intent is to eventually use them to filter the page a bit, or as an option in searching through posts. But it wouldn't be a BYOND feature if we didn't get at least half a dozen complaints, yippee.
Well, I already knew Lummox was doing the webpage stuff, I just don't see why everyone is pretty much boycotting BYOND blogs because of 2 clickables that are removable with a line in the CSS. They are saying that they are a feature that's forced on you, yet they are removable from the posts, as well as being that if they are removed, even if you can still access them through the address bar, nobody is going to go out of their way just to nay your post.
I'd hardly call a few complaints as "everyone boycotting" the feature. It's not like the .post_vote{display:none;} thing was known right when it came out so of course most people wouldn't know how to remove it, therefore thinking it's forced.

Then again, if it really results in F34R no longer posting, that's a change I can get behind. :D

Personally I just don't find much interest in it. I look at it and I see DBZrelegr8 all over again, as well as possibly one more thing that might need to be moderated if it will eventually result in highly-voted posts being spotlighted throughout the week, or something like that. Or on the reverse, with people like Acebloke reportedly getting a wave of Nays because they don't like him, rather than the quality of his posts.

And people who are big enough assholes can and will work around the vote hiding if they think doing it enough can block posts from someone they hate. It's really not rocket science to do it.