ID:36257

I opened up my email this morning, prepared to grind through the routine of filtering the good from the bad, when my eyes fall upon this:

subject RE: PHP programmører - IT-Jobbank ID: 50153229

Hi Jimm,

Thanks for your e-mail.

I have spoken with Henrik about the meeting with you, and he also had a positive impression of your competences and your personality.

We have therefore decided to offer you a programmer position at Xstream. We can offer you a monthly salary of xx,xxx DKK.

I don't know when you will be able to start but please let me know, then I can make a contract ready for you. You are welcome to call me tomorrow if you have any questions.

I look forward to working together with you :-)
Money is always nice!
awesome!
Congrats! I'm assuming you'll be making around $2,000-$4,000 a month in my currency, Which isn't a bad deal.
Woot indeed... Congrats!
We can offer you a monthly salary of xx,xxx DKK.

Congratulations on the job! And Donkey Kong Kredits are a great hedge against inflation.
I dunno, employers who pay salaries in the x's are often shady. It *seems* like a good deal, but all that glitters.... I remember the first time I tried to deposit a paycheck for x,xxx. It wasn't pretty.
The Naked Ninja wrote:
Congrats! I'm assuming you'll be making around $2,000-$4,000 a month in my currency, Which isn't a bad deal.

xx,xxx is a five digit sum. I wonder if they actually gave Digi an amount, which he just edited out, and if he did edit it out, did he add an extra x? Or is it -really- a five digit sum per month?
xx,xxx is a five digit sum. I wonder if they actually gave Digi an amount, which he just edited out, and if he did edit it out, did he add an extra x? Or is it -really- a five digit sum per month?

Remember, this is in foreign currency (Danish Kroners, DKK, to be precise)... And currency conversions are not always favorable...lol In this case, 10,000 DKK (the lowest 5 digit number) is only a little shy of 2,000 USD (or, just a little above 2,000 AUD, to bring it closer to home)

So it's not as huge of a salary as you might think judging by the number of digits (though still highly respectable/enviable, even at that lowest 5 digit number... my guess is that it's somewhat higher than 10,000 DKK, though)
Actually I did edit it out. the offered sum was 28,000 Danish Kroner per month, which equates to 3,756 Euros or 5,427 USD. I knew the large number would make some people cry off the top of their head why it was so much without realizing it was in kroner, not in dollars. And with the low value of the US dollar at the moment, $65,000/year is a bit inflated.

And don't forget: this is *before* taxes, which are quite high in Denmark.
Yeah, after taxes would cut it down.

But that's the price you pay for living in a country that isn't crap.

Still nice though.
Not bad for PHP programming. I had the same reaction as everybody else: "whoh, over 100k US a year! Lucky bastard!"
Congratulations, I also had a positive job experience today!
Be careful about the stuff you mention on your blog. All you hear about is people getting fired over stuff in their Myspace pages.

Grats on the job though.
Thankfully, the Danes are not so hypocritical or as closed-minded as others. Plus i'd like to think I am not *that* stupid as to talk about company-related issues on my own personal blog.

This blog will primarily focus on events and activities related to my hobbies, and the occassional rant.