ID:36588

Dragonball Unreal Sagas needs icon artists.

- 1 Icon Artist (Mobs/Turf/Objects) Starting at 50$ a month.

- 1 Icon Artist (Mobs/Turfs) Starting at 25$ a month.

- 1 Icon Artist (Mobs/Objects) Starting at 25$ a month.

- 1 Icon Artist (Objects/Turfs) Starting at 15$ a month.

All prices can be negotiated if I like your work.

Objects/Turfs = Minimum quota is at least 1 tileset a week, consisting of at least 15 patterns or 10 full objects. By full, it means if your doing a 96 by 64 tree, the entire thing would equal to 1 object.

Mobs = At least 5 mobs a week, full motion or 10 front view only NPCs.

I encourage all icon artists to apply. Please have examples of your work ready.

[email protected] - MSN/E-Mail
Doubt you'd pay.

There I said it
He actually offered to pay me beforehand..Although I told him wait til the end of the month to see how long my work ethic lasts..meh...one day I could want to do this then the next day hate it...All in all I'd be surprised if I don't give up tommorow...I'm the laziest when it comes to making icons...and when you factor that in with stuff that I have to do then blah.
So the reason no one is applying is because no one thinks I will pay?

I only have one policy of payment at the moment. You get paid "the amount" dollars upfront. If you continue to do the work your asked, you get "the amount" dollars at the end of each month. That sounds fair enough to me, don't you think so?

EDIT: Also keep in mind, prices can be negotiated to be even higher. Its all dependent on your work ethic and level of skill really.
i think the whole concept of somebody paying for help on a hobby scale game is just.. surprising.

Well, if I where you, you shouldn't give money, They can scam you out.
I know that much. Thats why I'm asking for a show of skills upfront and a game employment history resume.

I don't see any reason to hide the fact that more than 90% of the time, doing things for a game becomes less of a hobby and more like work. With that said, I feel they should be paid for their services. I mean, GM is merely just a title but money holds actual rewards to their efforts. Or thats how I see it anyway.
If its not fun, whats the point? just get a little test server running and youll find free icon help. I swear. People wont do icon work for 1.50 a day, but people will do work when they have time at a casual rate for the game they play. The problem is you need to get a server running and a fun environment.
Hey, 50 dollars is alot better than nothing, am I right? Besides, icon artists you get through that route only produce when they want to. This way, I'm paying for my goods.
id recomend you do it on a per icon basis. Otherwise you lose incentive to do more than the bare minimum that you demand.
I would help you if I could, but I'm not sure I can produce what your asking for. I mean Quote "Objects/Turfs = Minimum quota is at least 1 tileset a week, consisting of at least 15 patterns or 10 full objects. By full, it means if your doing a 96 by 64 tree, the entire thing would equal to 1 object.

Mobs = At least 5 mobs a week, full motion or 10 front view only NPCs." <_< That is a tad much for me, especially when I am going to college and trying to sustain a job. Plus trying to put together a dbz game myself. If we could work something out I might be able to help you out. I am not a very fast iconer, but I think I have good quality.
hes basically paying you 1.50 to do an object. Things like Trees and shit.. Thats not easy, those take like hours and hours to do well.
QMarkReal, if you are looking for 10 year olds to icon for you, than I guess $50 might work, but even then, you have have no way to give it to them.

I made over $200 in just three days at my job. You are paying $50 a month. I suggest you either raise the price, or just find someone to do it willingly, who actually wants to be a part of your team.
Cavern is right, anybody who can make quality graphics will be able to do the math and realize your paying them pennies an hour to work for them. You have to create a less tangible value to these people by making the experience of being on the team fun, and more importantly, give them some feeling of security that your not going to disappear and leak all of their work again.
You aren't supposed to pay for someone to do something for you. You gain iconers by the respect they have for you. You shouldn't demand what others should do, because in my eyes it seems you only spend your life on BYOND, I am not trying to say you're a no-lifer, not at all, it just looks like that to me, all that demanding. If I could icon, which I can't, I'd do it for free, but not with your quota, lol.

So good luck in finding an iconer who can reach your quota minimal.
Sokkiejjj wrote:
You aren't supposed to pay for someone to do something for you. You gain iconers by the respect they have for you. You shouldn't demand what others should do, because in my eyes it seems you only spend your life on BYOND, I am not trying to say you're a no-lifer, not at all, it just looks like that to me, all that demanding. If I could icon, which I can't, I'd do it for free, but not with your quota, lol.

So good luck in finding an iconer who can reach your quota minimal.

Wrong. Paying someone to do icons for you is a good thing. It depends, though. Some people are creating a high-quality game and will have thousands of icons in it. Therefore, they will pay you hundreds of dollars for your work. Some people don't want to be a part of a team, but they can icon. And there could be a person who can program very well, but cannot icon. Therefore, you pay someone who can icon to create icons for you, and you can finish your game. You see how that works?
K then, how about I raise the price to about $200 a month? Does that sound fair?
It'd work out better if you put prices beside the icons you need made and then sortof "bought" the icons..
D: 200$ a month? why am I interested. Although 15 icons a week might be a pain... I need money to apply for college XD. Anyway Real talk to me on msn D: [email protected] in the end I'd probably end up doing it for free because I'm a nice person, but if you release your source again after I do them I'll literally kill you. After all that hard work I'll have nothing left and will hunt you down, cut open your chest, pull out your beating heart and shove it down your throat and let you choke on it.

Oh and hey, how ya doin. Its been a while D:
200 hundred is a nice price, but the quota is still a tough one to manage if you want quality over quantity. I want to icon for ya but I dont think I can make the quota..I icon good.
Page: 1 2