ID:36593

I'm working on a custom faceplate for my new Guitar Hero guitar. Right now I'm just doing one using vinyl and the plotter we have at work. It should work pretty well, and while it sticks really well it's easy to get off if you're trying.

My only problem is that I can't think up anything good enough to go on it. The plotter cuts reasonably well but it's still not the greatest when it comes to curves (plus I'm not too good with it). Colours are also limited to two or three. So I can't print out a picture of a dragon fighting a wizard on top of Lufia's Stunt NES and slap that on.
That said I could do classic grey storm clouds with thunderbolts pretty easily. Hmmm. Maybe I should look around Homestar Runner for Inspirado. That or I could rip off Hal Jordan some more. I wonder if I've got the colours to do LEGO DarkView...

So anyway, anyone got any ideas?
Do something with Trogdor burninating a village..that can be done int like 3 colors.
A woodcut with a suburst finish to make it look more like an actual Les Paul?
@Nishiatsu: Nice. I'm a bit too lazy to run off on my lunch break and buy the paints and junk needed for that sort of faceplate modding.
I'm also not convinced it will have a good enough lifespan.

@Disturbed Puppy: Trog'dor and some of the Teen Girl Squad stuff were in my first thoughts. I think I could pull it off, but it'll take a while and I'm way too tired right now.

@Jmurph: I think it will take more than that to make it look like an actual Les Paul. =P
Dark I need your help. Can you please help me with a game?
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/60/1196315669048iq2.jpg

If you're limited on colors, you can always try "vector" images like the one above.
That's pretty sweet. I had to rush it so it's just a border of red and yellow 'flames'. It looks pretty weak but it does the job.
Enybk wrote:

What sort of help do you need?

I don't really do anything on BYOND anymore, so you're probably better of asking for help on the Developer Forums.
DarkView wrote:
Enybk wrote:

What sort of help do you need?

I don't really do anything on BYOND anymore, so you're probably better of asking for help on the Developer Forums.
i need help with a banner and login messages like you did for DMO but different
Sorry, I'm not really set up for that sort of image work any more. Photoshop isn't installed on any of my PCs and I'm not even sure where my Adobe DVDs are. I think I gave them to my sister.

If you post in the Classified Ads section of the Developer Forum you might find someone who can help.
The best idea when you need something like this done is to continue working and just use basic place holder graphics. Then when people like you're game it'll be really easy to find someone willing to do them for you.