ID:36816

Well It isnt exactly pixel art, and its kinda cheating, but me and MasterDan made a image converter, where you put and type of image(s) of any size(s), and run the game and use the convert command, and it instantly starts changing them into 1-bit black and white only pixel art. You can change how light/dark you want the end result to be by changing an input command(100 is default lower = lighter, higher = darker).

It is very nifty for any game creators who are going to make a 1-bit game, since it can convert any number of icons at a time, and even gfx's.

Also for anyone who wants to cheat for a pixel contest can slip a few good icons into there and let it do the work(Shh, we wont tell maggeh, or monkeydidit, it'll be our secret).

I was inspired to start working on this when someone posted a 1-bit image, and people started talking about a 1-bit challenge&Collaboration.

Here is a sample i've got from it so far.

Here is what dan has gotten(It is a png that is converted).

The demo is located at:

http://developer.byond.com/hub/Bakasensei/1BitConverter

Hope you guys like it, and this helps you out! Give me some C&C on the game, and if you find any bugs please tell me at [email protected] or my byond key: Bakasensei.

Yes I posted this on the pixel art forums too.
Guys this is actually pretty cool, I mean its realALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
I'm finding this very useful for my 4 bit game im creALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
Pretty neat. I think it's something paint can do thoALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
wtf is with thALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
I've been looking for something like this, thanks bakALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
What a lame ass progrALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
lol look I can do black and whiALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
You could make it check the other icon states in something greater than thirty-two by thiALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
What a simple applicaALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
Nice app. Also, who is this HpynotoALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
This is kinda pointlesALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
mehALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
Hi, my name is Dick, and I think that's a cool app you've got therALL GLORY TO THE HPYNOTOAD!
Seems pretty neat, I might try it out somALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
I still don't underALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
xD you dont have to edit me!

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
Lols so many edits! But this thing got pretty popular fast! xD
Haters.
So you replicated something already available in every graphics editing program available, even mspaint?

Good job.
Page: 1 2