Keywords: goa, masterdan, naruto, review
First week:
Excitement! ITS HERE, FINALLY! YAY!.
Overall the best game so far.

Second month:
Meh, don't have time.

seventh month:
Boring, not worth the time.

Overall, the game has been the same for seven months now since the first public to now, only small subtle details being added to the game. Also, there is a lack of care among the staff being radiated from certain members who are worried about other projects or their other games instead of focusing on GOA. The game offers repetitive gameplay and nothing new since the opening of it. Hell, the game can't even get a decent host because of the lack of care anymore. The game was fun when it first came out, hell I loved it, I'm even a friend of Masterdan, but in the words of some of the original testers and fans before the mainstream adoration.

Naruto GOA is boring anymore.

The training system is the only thing I really have a problem with. If I wanted to play a game that takes forever to play and is boring in the process of playing it. I'd go play some school made game.

The leveling curve is too extreme for a byond game, and the fact that you have to figh to get ANY decent sort of experience without being flagged for ezing by a failure of an automated no ezer system, AND the lack of punishment early off in the game, allowed for ezers to get away with their crimes early on, and the no wipe policy, will forever give them that unfair balance of power. You can't leave moderating and administrating to a system Dan, you even complain about the anime forums lacking moderation, now I'm complaining about your game having any real moderation.

Along with these complaints, there are some pros. The game overall is gorgeous in its attention to detail in its graphics, its overly done buildings that are IMMENSE in size and quality, the jutsus are large and vast just like the show, and all the jutsus are different and unique to the show, they each perform differently and have different damage ratios. Masterdan is an expert coder and has obviously put all his skills into this single game and made it his brain child of coding.

Dan, with some slight adjustments, GOA could be fun again, but with lack of large updates, punishment, and no real moderation, the game has died in the hearts of your original fanbase.
inb4 "Shut up, and don't tell me how to run my game blah blah blah"

Interesting review none the less.
GTFO..If you're going to bash it bash it right...And you played it that long you narutard..You can play any game constantly and it'll get repetitive..Flamebait....Poor Flamebait at that...As for review...Kill yourself.
IcewarriorX wrote:
GTFO..If you're going to bash it bash it right...And you played it that long you narutard..You can play any game constantly and it'll get repetitive..Flamebait....Poor Flamebait at that...As for review...Kill yourself.

Ah, but your wrong, I haven't played it for long, I got to play it for the first month, didn't have the time anymore, came back six months later, and its boring anymore.

And on that note.

A review should not be done based on a one-time playing, it should be done over a set amount of time to observe any changes and how it is ran.
I played it for about a week or so, entire time consisted of lowering my health / chakra just so I could regen. After level 23 or so I got bored and it became about as dull if not more than log training games. Visually it is good however gameplay becomes dry fast and pretty much feels like any other Naruto game. And yes I approached the game open minded so don't try and say that I am just trolling or something like that.
4/10.
Sandurion wrote:
IcewarriorX wrote:

Ah, but your wrong, I haven't played it for long, I got to play it for the first month, didn't have the time anymore, came back six months later, and its boring anymore.

And on that note.

A review should not be done based on a one-time playing, it should be done over a set amount of time to observe any changes and how it is ran.

I agree that was a bit harsh...But this isn't really a review..it's more of a plea to dan to upgrade the game because you're bored of it...Overall it sounds more like a complaint than a review...Theres no rating..little to no explanation..no screenshots..Yep..This is a complaint...However..I wonder why I'm arguing for a game I hardly care about.

IcewarriorX wrote:
Sandurion wrote:
IcewarriorX wrote:

And on that note.

I agree that was a bit harsh...But this isn't really a review..it's more of a plea to dan to upgrade the game because you're bored of it...Overall it sounds more like a complaint than a review...Theres no rating..little to no explanation..no screenshots..Yep..This is a complaint...However..I wonder why I'm arguing for a game I hardly care about.

Cause your a troll? :D
The best part about Goa was that you could Afk train all day and nothing would happen..now that is gone, I'm heartbroken. :(
_>, the game was started production a month into my summer holidays. 3 months to the start of the school year, then 3 months till about now...

So 6 months total development time from blank page to what it is now. To say its been exactly the same for 7 months considering its entire birth and evolution to what it is now happened over the course of 6 is fairly... immensely false.

Regardless there was nothing constructive in this post, its just another hey masterdan start up the witch-hunt and delete all the saves from people who EZ-Macroed.

You and rugg can chose to stop playing ,its the immense amount of complaining that happens when you leave that bothers me. Maybe a byond game is not meant to hold your attention for more than 6 months, i dont know. At any rate, its a beta for a reason. Its not done yet.

Also yes the developement mostly occured in 3 months time, because i didnt have school. I only put in a few hours a week now because im busy, i have a life and tests and projects. So i dont really care to hear all the "goa isnt progressing fast enough for me" complaints. Its not done, i have goals for where i want it to go and if you went and read them youd be happy with it. However i dont have time during the school year to really update often.

Thats byond, thast life. Just be glad i got a game released in such condition before school started.

(The beta was released the day before my first day at school.)

Bah, no sorry this is just rediculous. Your complaining because the training consists of "fighting" and your choked that my "fail ez catcher" wont let you do anything but fight. Guess what, the point of the game is to fight. I understand some people prefer logs and boring things, im trying to force people to play the game in all its glory in order to level up. Because i know you people, your going to play the game to get strong and if the fastest way to do that is to do something boring as sin, you would.

the critique is rediculous, it really really is, The combat and build variations in GOA is its strongpoint, to say the game is repetitive? Your not supposed to try to level grind, thats the entire point of everything. Play the game casually and youll get stronger, a level 20 could on occasion beat a level 50 with some skill.

Regardless "Naruto GOA is boring anymore." really hurt my brain, i thought it was a typo at first but you said it again in the comments. Its probably the worst english ive ever seen.. on that note, you expect me to believe you put any thought into this "complaint"? its not some well thought out essay, its just "Masterdan make more stuff! ban deh ezers!" I dont have time damnit. Ill work on it when i can, dont act like your entitled to content on some schedule. In fact, i spoiled you guys, i got a game out immensely fast and had updates comming way too often. Why dont you find a byond game that progresses faster, i dare you. Please let me know which one it is.
in after "Shut up, and don't tell me how to run my game blah blah blah"
Jermman wrote:
in after "Shut up, and don't tell me how to run my game blah blah blah"

I so called it.
its not even about critisizms about HOW i run my game, its the critisisms about how much time i put into the game being insufficient to some people due to variance in my free time because of having a real life. I understand a lack of consistancy is frustrating but really take a game for what it is at any given point, not what you expect it to become. If it becomes something better later then play it later, Its silly to treat a game like an investment and then get frustrated when its not meeting up to your future expectations.
Dan, you know as well as I do that I fully supported GOA when it was first launched, hell, I supported it before the beta came out, I was in love with the whole idea. You also said going into this, you wouldn't have the time during school, I realize this, I'm not saying take time out of your hectic schedule to play, not at all. Really, what this post was supposed to be was me just saying what I thought of it now. Thats what a blog is, and that is what this is. Its your game, run it how you want, but right now, GOA doesn't entertain me enough with the whole fighting, I want to level grind, not fight ALL THE DAMNED TIME. Which is why coming up I'll be going back to WoW, for the level grinding, and dan, I am one of those level 20's who can beat a level 50, so yeah, whatever. Also, if you don't have the time, hire people who do.
no, its MY game. I do it for my own self enjoyment. Lol.

You want to level grind? Really? Then GOA was never meant for you. My entire goal is to avoid level grinding as best i can.

Its fine with me that you enjoy it, but personally i couldnt stand WoW and lol i dont care to cater to an audience of people who love a game i think is boring as hell.
Instead of just respecting the fact that someone might not like his game anymore, there he goes again attacking anyone who's saying they don't like his game...
Its more a 2 WOTS GMs both are making posts about how they dont like GOA "anymore" right before the release of WOTS 2.0 and that is very suspect to me. Not only that but his entire argument contained false information and exagerations and the entire thing was just a diss on a game that Evan hasnt been active on for months.
Or, we just don't like your game?
if you dont like, you dont play. You dont try to troll all my posts even when they dont relate rugg. Thats why your banned from my fucking member page.
Oh, sure. You shouldn't have included me in one of your posts.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6