ID:38001

Hosting is a bit delayed for those who have requested an account. Mostly I'm still hunting for a comparable shell host in the US. Nadrew has found a coup0le, but not at the prices that I pay for the German servers digitalBYOND currently uses.

If anyone knows of a shell hosting service for under $50/month (I pay about $40/month for the each of the current servers), please let me know either via the comments to this blog post, or through email at [email protected].

If I find nothing suitable this week or next, I'll go ahead and 'un-freeze' the current order for two more servers from my German hosting service. The only real problem is that there will be the occassional un-controllable network lag between the US and Europe. Sorry, but I ain't powerful enough to stop people from downloading p0rn, movies, and music. :)

-----

PHProjekt and dotProject are installed on digitalbyond.net as project management tools for those wishing to organize their development teams and track the progress of their game projects.

1 Euro per month is the current price for the new service, or 10 Euros/year. This includes basic 'tech-support', software updates, and monthly database backups.

If you purchase/have purchased a hosting account, the project management service is half-price - only .50 Euro-cents a month (no yearly deals).

-----

Lastly, all prices are now given in Euros. This is the currency of my German bank account and my PayPal account, which is used for paying the monthly server bills (2 x 40 Euros/month). Hopefully I can reduce the loss of money when going between your transfers to my PayPal account and transfers between PayPal and my German bank account. (It turns out I was only getting about 37-38 Euros per month instead of the 40 Euros a month needed for each server).

It will be up to you to send the appropriate amount when paying for a service - for example, currently you will have to send $5.92 USD, or 3.02 British Pounds per month for the 4 Euro green package. Please check the current exchange rates before sending your payment.

When I get a chance, I will update the digitalbyond.net website with an automated currency converter so that you know exactly what each service costs, but consider the change to Euro currency 'in stone' as of this writing.
Have you or Nadrew had a chance to sort out the DMCGI stuff yet?
Thanks for the info, Mouse.
Sorry, but I ain't powerful enough to stop people from downloading p0rn, movies, and music.

You are indeed weak. ;-P

Actually, without those, it wouldn't be teh internetz
YESSSSS

EUROPEAN SUPREMACY FOR THE WIN

We will rule the world as a federalised state.
By the way, for anyone thats interested, $10 euro is about $14ish US
Hazman wrote:
Have you or Nadrew had a chance to sort out the DMCGI stuff yet?

Very sorry about that Hazman- the new job has got me so brain dead at the end of the day (which is a good thing really), that I keep forgetting.

Please don't hesitate to continue pestering me about it until I get it fixed! :)