ID:38075

I joined DMO recently (Only once or twice because a friend of mine said he was playing it, not like I haven't played it before) and I noticed that the community is full of improper grammar usage, spammers, and flamers. It makes you wonder where the admins are during all of this, because I'm pretty sure spamming and flaming is against the rules in most games. Anywho, just letting you guys all know that if you even decide to play DMO. Myself, I just popped in because a friend told me to, didn't play any at all.
DMO has always been player ran for the most part. It's up to the host to moderate as he sees fit.

Witty sentence.
The first game I played when I came to BYOND was DMO, and that was long before it became as bad as it is. Administrators logged on, didn't care, they would be just as bad, and thus the community started to get worse. The host can decide who has non-permanent(as in, server only, not game wide) powers, and usually picks friends, not those worthy of the powers. I personally avoid the game because of those reasons.
FLameslash wrote:
Administrators logged on, didn't care, they would be just as bad, and thus the community started to get worse.

We (the administrators) have left moderation of the servers largely up to the hosts and the moderators they assign.
Kajika, Lufia and I do not have the time to sit around babysitting DMO players. We do what we can to limit the powers of the host to only commands that are needed to maintain the server, but even the most basic commands can be abused.

If a host is running their server in a way you disagree with, find another server or host your own.

There aren't a lot of options on the table that don't involve quitting our jobs to become full time babysitters or spending even more money on a project which we are never going to make a single cent off of.