ID:38306

Keywords: dogs, photos
Set One: We headed to the dog beach with visiting family (including one extra dog) on the day after Christmas. I brought my new Canon D60, another hand-me-down gift from my Dad. Fanatical readers of this blog will no doubt recall that I received his old D30 about 2 years ago; this one doubles the number of pixels and brings a few other small improvements.

Unfortunately, in my excitement to try out the new camera, I hadn't checked all of the settings before shooting. It turns out the camera was set to aperture priority mode for most of the afternoon, forcing it to often choose rather long exposure times to accommodate the small aperture size that had been set. So, plenty of motion blur in the action shots, and a ton of unusable "stills" with too much camera shake showing. Live and learn.

(click to enlarge)

Set Two: Back to the beach yesterday (or maybe "today" since I haven't gone to sleep yet), determined to get better photos of the dogs. These ones came out pretty well.

(click to enlarge)

See also: A day at the beach
cool dog photos
So this is what he does while BYOND lags to hell >.> Oh and nice job on fixing the lag today!