Poll: Favorite Game Genre

Platforming 0% (0)
Fighting 13% (3)
Strategy 13% (3)
Adventure 13% (3)
Action 18% (4)
Role-Playing-Games 40% (9)

Only members of can vote.

Whats your favorite video game genre? Mine would have to be the various types of platforming. Strategy/platform, Action/Platforming,Adventure/Platforming preferably challenging. I also like a good amount of RPG games. Feel free to discuss. :P
Retro-RPG.
My favorite genre is only sometimes recognized as a genre, probably because it's only really been around for seven years (which sounds like a long time until you remember that the Atari VCS, a.k.a 2600, came out in the late 1970's). I like free-roaming games.

Grand Theft Auto III wasn't the first (even the 2600 had small-scale free-roamers, like Superman or the often-maligned E.T.), but IMHO, GTA3 was the first game that really provided a good glimpse of the variety and detail that free-roaming games could offer.

To me, the distinguishing characteristic of free-roaming games is that they don't require you to play a game -- i.e., confront challenges -- when you don't want to; and for those times when you don't want to confront challenges, the world is detailed enough that you can find pleasure in simple exploration.
Yeah, good point. Didn't even think to add that, I seemed to have forgot shooter also.
Kool, Nice Web!
I like Adventure, Fighting and Action. But my main fav is Role-Playing-Games.
Whats going on with FR and UL?