Falacy wrote:
Maggeh wrote:
BYOND Memberships have to do with BYOND. You're not paying for stuff in an anime game, you're paying for services on the BYOND website.

well, if byond removes ranking, or makes it available to anyone, then ill agree with you, but as it is now the only reason people buy memberships is for ranking bonuses

How you do know this? Do you have any actual proof at all? Oh wait, you don't, and you wont ever be able to prove it. Not to mention that in the extremely unlikely case that statement would be true people still aren't paying the fan-games in question, they're paying for a service on BYOND - to rank.

"you sure are good at blatantly stating opinions, too bad you either never have, or never give any facts to back them up"

thats bullshit, its the owner of the game that gives out rank bonuses not byond. Idiots like you have been giving out rank bonuses for so long while ive been telling you not to and then you go on and blame byond for them? Yeah no, this isnt opinion douchebag, its LAW, law is not something you have an opinion on.

What your doing = Copyright infringement
What byond is doing= Making money off of a code platform and game listing service that costs them more money in time/server fees than they bring in.
Maggeh:
lets take a poll!

Masterdan:
no need to be jealous fool, you make it sound like dbzhu is the only game i own, theres 4 other games that you get bonuses in which arent fan games, soon to be 6 when i release my 2 new ones, though one of those will be a fangame. EITHER WAY, you idiots just focus on the bad. and i dont care what you say about byond, not 1 person has bought byond membership for the services it provides, seeing as how it doesnt really give you anything, hell 90% of the stuff it does give you you can get for free at another website
Falacy wrote:
Maggeh:
lets take a poll!

Of what? Why people bought a BYOND membership. It wouldn't matter for a couple of reasons, and would probably only add to the evidence of why you're wrong.

Yes, 90% of the stuff you get from being a BYOND member you can get for free on other sites. So what? What if people want all of this stuff integrated directly with BYOND? And once again where is your proof? Holding your hands over your ears (or in this case eyes) and calling everyone an idiot isn't going to change anything.

"you sure are good at blatantly stating opinions, too bad you either never have, or never give any facts to back them up"

Maggeh wrote:
Falacy wrote:
Maggeh:
lets take a poll!

Of what? Why people bought a BYOND membership. It wouldn't matter for a couple of reasons, and would probably only add to the evidence of why you're wrong.

i think maybe youre the one afraid of being proved wrong, and i just gave facts, u even agreed with most of them noob
If we did take a poll I don't think you'd have the majority Falacy...Tom said they're going to come up with a policy for situations just like this, but they aren't monitoring these situations at the moment.
Falacy wrote:
Maggeh wrote:
Falacy wrote:
Maggeh:
lets take a poll!

i think maybe youre the one afraid of being proved wrong, and i just gave facts, u even agreed with most of them noob

You haven't given any relevant facts at all. Just baseless (incorrect) assumptions and opinions. Where is your proof that everyone on BYOND is becoming a BYOND member for boosts from an anime game?

Also if you haven't noticed yet there is no more visible rank.
Maggeh wrote:

it may not be visible but you can still sort games by rank
(which is the default sort method)
Falacy wrote:
Maggeh wrote:

it may not be visible but you can still sort games by rank
(which is the default sort method)

Still waiting on that proof capt'

Ranking was replaced by popularity now. It no longer implies "best game on byond" like it did before. Also like I said before ranking is a moot point. People are becoming members to use the features that it provides. They're not paying for any anime games.
Maggeh wrote:
Ranking was replaced by popularity now. It no longer implies "best game on byond" like it did before. Also like I said before ranking is a moot point. People are becoming members to use the features that it provides. They're not paying for any anime games.

if it was really popularity it would be based on # of players, which it isnt. and as we already went over, byond membership doesnt really provide and worthwhile features
Falacy wrote:
Maggeh wrote:

It's popularity because the logic being people rank the game because they like it. More popular games have more members, and thus get ranked higher.

and as we already went over, byond membership doesnt really provide and worthwhile features

This is completely an opinion, and has nothing to do with people paying to use those features. You may think it's not worthwhile, so what? It's your opinion.

"you sure are good at blatantly stating opinions"

Maggeh wrote:
It's popularity because the logic being people rank the game because they like it. More popular games have more members, and thus get ranked higher.

theres only one game on byond that has more players then dbzhu and yet its like rank 20, so id have go ahead and say that statement is false

dam straight i am!

Falacy wrote:
Maggeh wrote:

theres only one game on byond that has more players then dbzhu and yet its like rank 20, so id have go ahead and say that statement is false

dam straight i am!

Which is why you lose. You can go away now.

edit: Then those games ranked higher than it are more popular with BYOND members. Nothing has changed.
If this becomes the first post to ever hit 1000....I called it. (Half of it would be Falacy)
Falacy wrote:
Maggeh:
lets take a poll!

Masterdan:
no need to be jealous fool, you make it sound like dbzhu is the only game i own, theres 4 other games that you get bonuses in which arent fan games, soon to be 6 when i release my 2 new ones, though one of those will be a fangame. EITHER WAY, you idiots just focus on the bad. and i dont care what you say about byond, not 1 person has bought byond membership for the services it provides, seeing as how it doesnt really give you anything, hell 90% of the stuff it does give you you can get for free at another website

Its pretty goddamn easy to make games when you steal all the graphics isnt it.
Masterdan wrote:

not really easier, just a hell of alot faster, and its not like im claiming i made them all or anything so whats your problem noobert
Falacy wrote:
Masterdan wrote:

not really easier, just a hell of alot faster, and its not like im claiming i made them all or anything so whats your problem noobert

You think you deserve bragging rights when your pushing for quantity instead of quality. For shame.
No one is trying to get "browny points" and I'm not arguing for Falacy I just happen to share the same standpoint; that whole statement about browny points and me being a tool was just petty. Stop whining about icons-- he's a CODER and a damn good one; clearly by using ripped icons he's making the statement that coding is more important--I mean come on this is Byond; there's a limit to how good the "graphics" can get for games therefore making them a lot less important than the excellent code work that he DOES "deserve bragging rights" for. And once again, he doesn't claim that he made them. ALSO his comparison to Byond's membership system makes sense: just like you aren't directly endorsing the games you get rank benefits for, you aren't directly endorsing DBZHU because Strai owns more than one game and the subscription is for his company NOT DBZHU in particular morons.
SolarOblivion wrote:
No one is trying to get "browny points" and I'm not arguing for Falacy I just happen to share the same standpoint; that whole statement about browny points and me being a tool was just petty. Stop whining about icons-- he's a CODER and a damn good one; clearly by using ripped icons he's making the statement that coding is more important--I mean come on this is Byond; there's a limit to how good the "graphics" can get for games therefore making them a lot less important than the excellent code work that he DOES "deserve bragging rights" for. And once again, he doesn't claim that he made them. ALSO his comparison to Byond's membership system makes sense: just like you aren't directly endorsing the games you get rank benefits for, you aren't directly endorsing DBZHU because Strai owns more than one game and the subscription is for his company NOT DBZHU in particular morons.

Typical tool statement...Hopefully people will stop pulling the string on your back. *wins browny points*
IcewarriorX wrote:
Typical tool statement...Hopefully people will stop pulling the string on your back.

Woooooaaaahh nice comeback!----not. Typical statement of someone who is out of idiotic baseless info :P

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10