Duel Monsters Online

by Kajika
Duel Monsters Online
An online version of the Trading Card Game.
ID:39171

Duel Monsters Online by Kajika is a great strategy game based entirely off of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. It makes a great game for fans of all ages, or for those of us just looking to kill some time.

Obviously one would hate to be in this situation

The Objective of the game is to get the other person's health (represented as lifepoints) to zero by using a wide range of different monsters, magic, and trap cards. The game currently has over 1000 playable cards from the series and that number is still growing.

The Good

• You can jump right in! No 24/7 round-the-clock training/money gathering to become a good player, it's all about wits.

• There are tons of ways to customize both your character and your deck. You can make your own unique deck from a huge selection of cards, not to mention an easy interface to build the deck with.

• Interaction: You can compete in tag-team matches, tournaments, or randomly match up against others on Duelist Island.

• The Bad
  • The game can be semi-confusing for beginners unfamiliar with it.

• The graphics in this game tend to clash, poorly made graphics clash with gameboy-related substitutes.

As for those of you who are considering playing this game, I would recommend it, it was one of BYOND's first anime games that "broke the mold."

My Rating:
    Gameplay: 9.5 - The overall gameplay of this game has few bugs if any considering the massive amount of cards and combinations involved.
    Administration: 8.0 - The game has only a few people with administrative capabilities, but this is a feature that isn't necessary. The game is pretty much self-ran except for the host, who can select their own moderators.
    Graphics: 5.0 - Some were alright, but Kajika has had bad luck in the past with pixel artists.
    Overall: 8.9

Thanks for reading my review, and I hope you too will try out this game.
W00t! I beat the odds! I've never played it.
Foomer wrote:
W00t! I beat the odds! I've never played it.

*highfives*

neither. :)
This is the first game i've ever played on byond... its also the reason i found byond as i was looking for an online game where i could duel against other people, which this game undeniably fits the category, and it came up. after i logged in i was shocked to learn that the owner was just a teenager like me... story of my life lol but seriously this game is pure ownage, it captures yugioh like no other with its automatic dueling system, every single card has its use and there are countless strategies... the only training you have to do is to train your mind. From me, this game gets a flawless 10/10.
WE have a problem with aeris abuseing her mod apparently she gets away with everything not telling you and lufia what she does when you are not here. She isn't nice and she bans for no reason chase told her to ban everyone on the server and she did... Ive been banned on occasions after getting in an argument with her that she started in the first place ... I'm tired of having to worry about when the next time im going to get muted or banned for no reason so you need to fix aeris now ....
This game still has Black Hole, It was supposed to be banned
Click the link below to see recent examples of aeris getting her way with the admins... http://www.byond.com/members/ Lufia?command=view_comments&post=7000#comment_1

If you don't listen to the people that play your game ... then why do you have a game??
Agreed, I've been banned for well over a month cause I simply asked for a tourney and she refused.
I like the abusive mod Aeris she definitely makes the game fun especially when she gives you a ban hammer with no warning or boots you you cant exactly record or screenie the boot since it just says connection failed good game fail mod
hi am am smoothkiki on the game but will there be more cards to come
is there gonna be a new release soon i been waiting for like 4 weeks and still nothing
Here's some advice... Add SYNCHRO MONSTERS!!!
Here's some advice to any one asking to add new cards, if you do, try not to go into this stupid 5D's bull crap, that no one likes, First of all keep it original, that's why this is my favorite, that and it's all automatic, I'd play other games if it wasn't for the manual crap
When will DMO be active.
I noticed upon the first time joining people were being hostile towards me for asking questions about the games mechanics. A few minutes later the 'owner' logged in. Apparently I was in need of being 'banned' due to disliking the game. I don't know if the game deserves the rating of 8.0 for the administration. I'd rate it at a 2.0, just judging by the other comments I see about an administrator named 'Aeris' along with the administrator 'Kajika'. Perhaps it would be better to check games for overbearing administration before giving them decent ratings.
This is Jamesuknow59. Everyone in the Duel Monster Online community that is still around watching the forums. Come play YGOPro http://www.ygopro.co/