ID:39854

Well before I really get started on this game, I am looking for a storyline. I have a few ideas swirling around in my head, but nothing concrete. So Im reaching out to the community to get an idea of what you would like to see. I have a basic idea of how the game will run, so no matter how the storyline goes, the game will be to my liking at least.

To start off, for those who don't know, Crystal Adventure is my latest porject; a single-player RPG. The game itself will be mythically based and set in the Medieval Times, so there will be nothing along the lines of alien warships. The fundimental idea of the game is to travel all around the world, gaining experience, items and ally's. I have came to the conclusion that I want the storyline to end at some point, this way I can bring out new versions of the game at later dates. But im straying from the subject here a little.

Now I know the generic expectatios for a game such as this, is to train, get stronger and deafeat some ultimate villain who has plunged the world into chaos. From doing so, you restore the world back to it's former glory (pretty flowers, fairies and whatnot..).

If you have any good ideas for a plot then please do share them. Even if they are not used, it will give people ideas and hopefully it will catch on. If you have an idea, and wish to go over it in more in-depth detail with me, then please contact me at [email protected] .
All good games have a main enemy, some weird organization that comes into the play mid-game...And a surprise at the end.
Im not disapproving the idea of a main enemy, there is actually a high probability that there will be one. This will also help for sequals to Crystal Adventure.

I myself am a fan of the generic RPG's, and also of free will. That is why I would like to create a game where your actions affect the storyline, and the person you will become.

As for the surprise, of course there will be one.
I'll give you a basic one.

The world of (name) was protected by a group of beings known as the Grand Old Ones. 2000 years ago their power began to weaken, and to stall their slow but sure demise they all formed together into a crystal. The Crystal is known as the Spire of the Guardians, and it is made of 6 crystal spears of 6 different colors, each representing one of the Grand Old Ones. Over the years, the races began to use it as a source of magical power, causing the Crystal to begin to deteriorate just as the beings that created it did.. Now, a young man(or Woman) gets a dream, telling him that he must save the world by helping restore the power of the Grand Old Ones. A local priest interprets his dream and gives him the supplies he needs to set off on his journey. Now, you, the young man, must set off and recover the power by bringing together all 50 of the Celestial Shards.. But do all of the Grand Old Ones have good intentions?..

(The Shards wouldn't be as hard to get as the main plot-items in most RPGs. Think of them as being obtainable by side-quests, bosses, mini-bosses, contests, further parts of the storyline, or any other way you can think of.)
Thank you Mechana, these are just the sort of ideas that I am looking for. Something that I can work with and fit into the theme of CA.
How about...Instead of them being randomly around the world. Each shard was passed down through the families of the grand old ones. After generations and generations, until the Earth gradually healed itself. Then, you can choose to acquire the shards 2 ways...Earning each families trust by doing quests for them...Or slaughtering them. That would be your good/evil area.

*Example:

Evil:
You can kill a family by destroying their entire fleets/etc...and you would eventually face their leader and get his enchanted weapon.

Good:
You can acquire a seperate, different type of weapon by defeating a dragon plaguing their crops.

*Evil would generally be the easiest, but after you get their shard you could kill them...so the longer route would be the most rewarding.
IcewarriorX wrote:
How about...Instead of them being randomly around the world. Each shard was passed down through the families of the grand old ones. After generations and generations, until the Earth gradually healed itself. Then, you can choose to acquire the shards 2 ways...Earning each families trust by doing quests for them...Or slaughtering them. That would be your good/evil area.

*Example:

Evil:
You can kill a family by destroying their entire fleets/etc...and you would eventually face their leader and get his enchanted weapon.

Good:
You can acquire a seperate, different type of weapon by defeating a dragon plaguing their crops.

*Evil would generally be the easiest, but after you get their shard you could kill them...so the longer route would be the most rewarding.

Sounds good.