ID:39879

...to get your digitalBYOND accounts paid up-to-date, otherwise they go bye-bye on Friday! I will start shutting games down and deleting unpaid accounts Friday afternoon. That's right! I said 'deleting'. No archiving, no backing-up, no saving.

The hosting people have been lenient, but now they want their money, and so do I!

Currently there are about 6-7 accounts that have failed to pay for the last couple of months. You know who you are, so cough it up. If not, I will post your games and your BYOND keys as a warning to future hosting services to consider you a bad risk. Think of it as a blacklist of BYONDers who can't be trusted to pay for a service.

Cheap bastards!
I'm due to pay mine again soon ain't I?

I'll pay a years worth again when it comes up.
Hm, I am surprised you gave them a few months of free hosting, patient and kind aren't ya?

Just curious, do you have some sort of email auto-alert system that will notify people that it is their last month of services at the beginning, 2 weeks and a few days before and the day of the deadline? Just curious.
I'll pay February but you can shut my account down if you want. I rarely see anyone logged in on there anymore anyway.
GhostAnime- not yet, but will be putting one in place into our little accounting system i'm working on.
I don't know why you don't delete the account the first month it's not paid. That's what would happen at your average web hosting company.

You've been so lenient the entire time you've been hosting, people expect you to be that way.
OK WTF DO U MEAN CLOSING GAMES WHO R U BYOND MAKER
U WILL NEVE SHUT DOWN BYOND OK I DONT GIVE A DAMN IF U EXSPELL ME FROM BYOND BUT U WONT SHUT DOWN ALL GAMES GOT IT
cancell my first post nvm im sorry dude : )
Betaman wrote:

First off, lmfao.

Now that has said, I think you should just have a zero tollerance policy Digi.

No pay = No product.

That's some good OJ.
Betaman wrote:
U WILL NEVE SHUT DOWN BYOND OK I DONT GIVE A DAMN IF U EXSPELL ME FROM BYOND BUT U WONT SHUT DOWN ALL GAMES GOT IT

Are you really that thick? I didn't even think it was possible.
No pay = no hosting.
No pay for 2-3 months = files deleted.
Airjoe wrote:
I don't know why you don't delete the account the first month it's not paid.

Because I've been requiring 2 months in advance and they pay that amount, but nothing afterwards. So now they get cut off.
Betaman babbled:

Betaman groveled:

Nope- I'm leaving it up for all to see that this is the kind of pointless, childish, stupid crap that we put up with around here. You know you have an edit button right? Why not use instead of wasting my blog space.

Hopefully you were sarcastic about your reply, or just plain stupid.

digitalBYOND != BYOND.

Games hosted by digitalBYOND will get whacked if not paid up, and the owners of the accounts blacklisted. I may even do everything I can to let other hostings services know that those on the blacklist can't be trusted.

Hmm, maybe we need a hosting guild? I could turn digitalBYOND into a hosting guild I guess. Something for all hosting services to use to support each other.
First off, I changed my policy to a 2-month pre-pay policy. And that worked well for about 6 months now. So far it's been historically around X-Mas time that the slackers come out of the woodwork.

Guess it's time to change policy again. I shouldn't need to babysit people to pay up on time.

Maybe a one-year pre-pay is what I need.
digitalmouse wrote:
Hmm, maybe we need a hosting guild? I could turn digitalBYOND into a hosting guild I guess. Something for all hosting services to use to support each other.

I like that idea. Not only would it bring a good flow of communication between hosting services (for things like blacklists), but it would also give a singular place for people to go to find hosting services instead of looking through and making classified posts.
Riva wrote:
to find hosting services instead of looking through and making classified posts.

The less mindless babble we have in that forum, the better.
Popisfizzy wrote:
Riva wrote:
to find hosting services instead of looking through and making classified posts.

That's the first Popisfizzy post that I've wholeheartedly agreed with in a long time.
digitalmouse wrote:
Maybe a one-year pre-pay is what I need.

I'd go for 6 months.
Popisfizzy wrote:
Riva wrote:

What, you don't like the 4 billion "I need a coder, mapper, iconer, and host for my Bleach/Naruto/DBZ game" topics?

P.S. It's original, I swear.
Page: 1 2