ID:40148

brawl sucks

i honestly don't follow what's so damned fun about it. it's just a game made by nintendo to cash in on previous titles. if you want a fighting game, buy one. otherwise you're following a band wagon.
Smash Bros is a fun game and you know it >.> Really though. I don't care much about Brawl because what Melee offers is good enough for me. The only thing that's not good enough around me is competition. But with Brawl comes the ability to play online so that you can get access without having to force your friends to get good at it. So basically Brawl doesn't suck. It's just a little over rated basically.
I've bought Brawl and let me tell you..

Overrated? This game is the best game I have ever played, and probably ever will. Honestly, I was hyped out the roof and it still exceeded my expectations.

EDIT: Ugh, note to self to make sure I'm not on my brother's account.. Again.. (Mechana2412 here)
For being a "cash in" it certainly is a lot better than *all* of the fighting games out there. I don't care which fighting game you pick, it's garbage compared to Smash Bros. To avoid being labeled a fanboy, I'm going to state that it's better for a multitude of reasons.

For starters the button layout is relatively the same for each character. While they share the same basic move sets, their actual moves come in a wide variety of styles. This makes any character easy to pick up without having to remember all the different button combos for their special moves.

There are also a wide variety of characters to choose from. Unlike the usual bag of stock characters you get in the usual fighting games, you have the colorful cast of Nintendo characters. Where else are you going to have a hot chick in a space suit fight a monkey?

2D fighting. I don't know why newer games allow you to strafe around your enemy, but it rarely comes into play. Most of the time it's just gimmicky and it causes camera collision issues. I'm looking at you, Soul Calibur.

Solid Snake. 'Nuff said.
Brawl isn't really a fighting game at all. It's a platformer based around verses mode. Just because you, well, fight against other players doesn't making it a fighting game.

I don't care which fighting game you pick, it's garbage compared to Smash Bros.

Guilty Gear and Street Fighter would like to have a word with you.
And the fanboys attack!

(Reminds me of the time of the Zelda fanboys attacked, actually).
I'm not a nintendo nerd and I can say that SSB is probably one of the best fighting games out there, at least in the side-scrolling genre.

If they took out every single nintendo character, it'd be just as good in my mind since I don't give a shit about nintendo characters (in fact, the nintendo characters actually detract from it for me).

What makes it so good is that it's multi-opponent and a platformer. Because they did that, it doesn't even need 60 thousand button combinations to be fun like street fighter games (which SSB really puts to shame).
SpeyMan wrote:
And the fanboys attack!

(Reminds me of the time of the Zelda fanboys attacked, actually).

Seriously, Brawl has reached and beaten its Hype. Did other previous games with so much hype follow? I doubt it.

Anyway, the reason why i really enjoy SuperSmash is because it has a lot of Characters that i've enjoyed playing with in previous games. Not only do the graphics look good but it flows very nicely. The Animations are very fluid, and even if you are playing the computer it is fun. The AI isn't as retarded as Melee, it is way better. There is so much to do in Brawl...you really don't know where to start.

StreetFighter can have a word with Brawl, what is it going to say to it?

In my opinion, no matter which friends house i go to we always play Melee first even if they have StreetFighter on the Virtual Console or on the PS2.

Brawl brings competition to the next level.

Brawl is a Platforming fighter game.

BBD, seriously, play Brawl get into it and get better at it and VS fellow relatives/friends who also have the game and you'll realize how fun this game is. No matter how many times you play it, and this follows through to a lot of Nintendo Games.
Nishiatsu wrote:

This ain't no game for scrubs!
Maggeh wrote:
Nishiatsu wrote:

Whatever Mag, Brawl is here to stay and stay at the top.
Nishiatsu wrote:
Maggeh wrote:
Nishiatsu wrote:

Don't think you got the joke. =[
BigBoiD wrote:
Nishiatsu wrote:
Maggeh wrote:
Nishiatsu wrote:

No i didn't
Revenge of the Fanboys!
Nishiatsu wrote:
BigBoiD wrote:
Nishiatsu wrote:
Maggeh wrote:
Nishiatsu wrote:

No i didn't

I was making fun of smashboards, whom refer to anyone that doesn't play Smash Brothers 'competitively; as scrubs. On the topic I just realized I quoted the wrong section of your post - I meant to quote the "Brawl brings competition to the next level" part from your post.

Ive played Smash bros melee and 64 more than any other games in history of video games. The replay value, multiplayer aspect and the balance and hillarious rediculousness of smacking somebody in the head with a pokeball while they were trying to jump at you, then as they manage to make it barely back to the cliff the pokeball opens, out comes charizard which proceeds to burn your opponent right off the side of the cliff. Meanwhile jiggly puff has picked up rediculous momentum and has rocketed towards you but just before they reach you you jump and they go rocketing into oblivion. Leaving you feeling quite amazing.

SSB added online support, smash specials for every character, a whole bunch of new characters, new levels and all around quality.

Whats not to love?!
balance

What? The orginal/melee were horribly unbalanced. I don't know about brawl, because I haven't played it yet, but I'm sure that's pretty unbalanced to.
Maggeh wrote:
What? The orginal/melee were horribly unbalanced. I don't know about brawl, because I haven't played it yet, but I'm sure that's pretty unbalanced to.

Kirby for the button mashing win! Ness for the skilled win! Unbalanced to the extreme.

Look, I haven't played Brawl yet, but I have played a ton of Melee and the original. They are a blast, but they can't be called a fighter. Just like Mario Cart can't be called a racer. Street Fighter is a great fighter, Soul Caliber is a great fighter(unbalanced though), but SSB is just a fun platformer with some fighting aspects. SSB is closer related to a brawler.

When you meet people who are really, really into fighters, they get into things like frame-counting. If a new version of a game gives a certain attack even one extra frame then they cry foul. Talk to Street Fighter tournament players.

I do plan on getting Brawl whenever I get a Wii, but I still don't feel compelled enough to try to fight a crowd for one or get one off eBay. I do have a friend with a Wii and he probably has Brawl, so I'll get to play it sometime soon.
Lies. D:
So it has been settled. Brawl is a good game and a bad game. The good and bad cancel out and make it just a game.
Page: 1 2