what do i do? I downloaded it whats next
cool thx for the help
oo ^^
Tip to others: Don't do what I did and try modifying game sources, combining many libraries, or skipping the blue book. Its not gonna work. Read it, if it would be more helpful definatly get a hard copy. If you are intent on having some fun first, try one or two of the ZBT tutorials.
wth,i dont under stand tell me how to make a game
Ryuuka Satake wrote:
Ok, I've gotten up to lesson one. And then I get an error.
The basic verbs I've made are working but the map, when I run the game, is not working. I see the map when I am designing it, but as soon as I run it, the game has a black map. How do I set it up to where I can see the map? Looking at a plain black screen is irritating as heck. And I've followed the guide up to the letter.

Make sure your mob is getting placed on the map. This happens automatically in mob/Login(), but if you override mob/Login() then it won't happen anymore unless you include ..() somewhere to call the default behavior.

Or you can assign a starting location yourself, such as:

mob/Login()
src.loc = locate(1, 2, 3)

Or, if you want to set the tag for a certain turf or area or "start", then you can use this:

mob/Login()
src.loc = locate("start")

Just be mindful that the comments section is stripping out the tabs.
Where do i learn how to iconing?
@Darkjohn66: "and i dont even know how to learn more after doing that..
" I accidentally pressed F1 and searched randomly in the ref, try that or by looking at some of the free resources

Leon.s.kennedy.123456789 wrote:
do i have to pay

u know how to code?
i dont have dream seeker
so where do i go to actually start making a game?
Bhigpx wrote:
so where do i go to actually start making a game?

After you installed BYOND, you open the Dream Maker program and begin working on your game.
k when i get to making the world map it tells me due to compilation errors,the object tree cannot be trusted for map generation. The errors must be corrected before editing the map. Wat do i do?
Dlbasham wrote:
k when i get to making the world map it tells me due to compilation errors,the object tree cannot be trusted for map generation. The errors must be corrected before editing the map. Wat do i do?

It means you changed or removed a type of atom, even though it was still on the map. If you removed it, just make the little boxes with the type paths contain nothing (ex. you'd /obj/poop with nothing; just delete /obj/poop), and if you changed the type path, enter in the correct path (ex. /obj/poop would change to /obj/pop)
i'm learning to code but i can't code in admins to a game can someone help me here
i want to make a game ow
im download byond but now how to start create a game?
To the people asking how to create a game- have you even read the stuff on this page? Follow the links.
How do i make the game i am on dream maker right now but i cant do anything for some reason like make a map
How do I make npc controls
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8