ID:406593

The control interfaces in games these days covers pretty much anything you can possibly imagine. I was just wondering what kinds of control interfaces people find best in certain genres and certain game styles (ie: 2D vs 3D) if any.

My thoughts are that as long as the controls make sense and are easy to pick up then you've got a solid scheme going.
WASD, Mouse, Q+E, R, and F are the keys I use for most games.
Q+E , switching between stuff. - my guess.
Well, the best options are the ones that most games uses. (W, A, S, D, Space, Shift, etc).
Mouse, Num keys ( to activate skills ) and WASD are popular in MMORPGs. Mouse, WASD, Spacebar, Ctrl, and Shift in shooters. Mouse, num keys, Q,W,E, and R in MMOBAs ( LoL, HoN etc. ) Arrow keys, Z, X, C and spacebar in action MMOs ( several OGPlanet games use these controls ). Card games mainly just use the mouse. Arrow keys and maybe a spacebar in racing MMOs. Can't tell you about turn-based MMORPGs as I don't think I've ever played one. =/

In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Mouse, Num keys ( to activate skills ) and WASD are popular in MMORPGs. Mouse, WASD, Spacebar, Ctrl, and Shift in shooters. Mouse, num keys, Q,W,E, and R in MMOBAs ( LoL, HoN etc. ) Arrow keys, Z, X, C and spacebar in action MMOs ( several OGPlanet games use these controls ). Card games mainly just use the mouse. Arrow keys and maybe a spacebar in racing MMOs. Can't tell you about turn-based MMORPGs as I don't think I've ever played one. =/

If i'm not wrong, turn based RPGs mostly uses mouse movement for rotation.