ID:4099

Newbs can be a a lot of things.

They can become:

1) Decicated players
2) Casual players, who like the game but it's nothing too special to them.
3) N00bs, which don't want to learn how to play and just try to ruin things for others.
4) People who don't like/understand the game and just leave.

Of course, numbers 1 and 2 are the best. Decicated players play the game on a regular basis. Casual players are fine, and even better when they tell others about the game.

I'm not going to go on about numbers 3 and 4 because we all know about those people, and n00bs can be found in many forms depending on the game.

I hosted my latest version of Deadly Waters last night, which is version 12.5. The game is not simple at all, especially for new players. New players only have acess to the general areas so they usually just make a mess of the hallways and storage areas. A few players griefed like crazy, some tried to figure out how to play, some roleplayed and others knew how to play already. What's great about them is that they screw around with so many things it's great for diagnosing bugs. I was testing out a new death and revival system, so the griefers helped with that. They're immature little pricks, so they attack dead people a million and a half time, which spams the server like crazy. It allowed me to think of some safe guards for this, and also allowed me to test the revival system. Of course, they ruin the game for other people and I had to ban them. The other newbs were either annoying or fine. Yeah that's it.

Newbies... I don't understand why so many people mix up noobs and newbs/newbies. Anyway, enough off-subjectness...

Yeah, they can become other things too though... Can't they? Newbies, transformation endless.

I've never played that game before... I might give that a go, because this post has made me intrested.
YOU USE A RETARD STONE!
OMG, NEWBIE IS DE-EVOLVING!

NEWBIE EVOLVED INTO JAMESBURROW!
Lol what Elation?
What's up with all the cracks on James? Grow up.

_Ry4n
Lol, no flames, Elation. Thanks for the input, Taioko. I'm suprised that people actually read my blog posts.

http://s13.invisionfree.com/Deadly_Waters/index.php?act=idx

This is Deadly Waters' forum, and the hosting files of a relatively old version are downloadable here. I haven't put up the most recent updated one, which is probably a lot different from the downloadble one.

Heh, one of my friends (Geocat) who I've known a few years before BYOND is supposedly on the "good player" list. =o
Well actually I just typed anyone I can think of that has played DW before and is a decent player. I figured that i'd update the list as I encounter/remember other people.

What's up with everyone commenting without even reading my blog? Aren't the comments supposed to be for the blog?