ID:40996

Gameplay: Even in its Alpha stages, Bleach Eternity 2 offers fresh and innovating gameplay for the typical Bleach fan.

The first thing you notice when you log on, is the nicely done login screen to greet you with. Afterwards It gives you a nice display for files, if you want to create a character or delete a character.

Soon after doing so you may have already noticed that this game has sound effects. The game uses many different sound effects, for the greater good. When clicking an option/accepting, when taking damage, or when slicing your sword.

You then have the option to choose between 1 of the 5 races.

Only 2 of which are completed, (Shinigami and Quincy). I was suprised to see "Bounto" on there, Im not much of a Bleach fan myself but I do know what they are exactly and was glad to see them considered for implementation.

And of course, after selecting which race you want, you are offered to choose which Hairstyle/Name you would like. There are 9 different hairstyles to choose from.

To my biggest suprise on this screen, there was also a "voice" option. Yes, this game uses its sound features to offer your character a specific voice.

There are a few random voices in there (Notably Link and Sora), but after getting into some of the combat in the game they seemed to have fit in nicely. Hopefully this will be expanded in the future.

The game puts you through a tutorial, which explains all of the basic actions of the game.

Your character starts out as a normal human-type. But after speaking with the first guide, he explains how pressing the space button allows you to go into your spirit form.

(My human body is behind me, and I am in my spirit form.)

The purpose of this is so that, while in your spirit form allows you to do various options, such as fighting or talking to other NPC's.

Learning the combat system was pretty easy (With the help of the informative NPC.)

F- High Attack
D- Mid Attack
S- Low Attack
A- Use Skill
G- Guard

Your characters "voice" syncronizes with the attacks. The more notable combat system in the game is its "Chain Attacks".

From the NPC: "Chain Attacks: Soul Reapers can execute Chain Combos by quickly Linking Attacks. At your current level the only chains you know are FFF, SFF, and DFF."

In short terms, depending on which key combo you use, allows you to pull off some melee combos. The higher level you get the more combos you can learn. This is a very cool system that can be used for attacking fast with.

After leveling up a few times, you're able to purchase skills from its skill list.

You are only able to purchase skills that are linked to the current ones you own. (In this case Guard and Basic combat skills, which are highlighted to indicate.) You can also level up the skills you have to increase thier effect.

There are also different type traits you can get to even further this.

"Skill, Combo, Arts, Stats, Traits". It offers a wide variety.

This is only the Shinigami Skill screen. Im sure there is one for Quincy; and this is very nicely done for providing a wide range of attacks/other skills for your character to choose from.

I had a fun time fighting against a few weak hollows, practicing some of the combos I had.

--

Overall, the gameplay has a solid base for its future beta stage. The one thing that REMOTELY bothered me in this game, and coincidentally was its biggest flaw/soon to come flaw, was...

Subscribing.

Now, for those of you dont know what this is, its paying money for extra features. It was notorious on his Dragonball Z game for giving out incredible bonuses for those who were willing to pay thier money.

This could be incredibly unbalanced for the games future. So far, I've only encountered myself a few subscriber benefits.

(Trying to relog)
You are not Subscribed to Stray Games
Click here to Subscribe today!

You Must Wait 60 Seconds before Relogging. Instant Access Available for Subscribers

--

(Trying to get on a server)
You are not Subscribed to Stray Games
Click here to Subscribe today!

56/35 Player Limit has been Reached. Additional Slots Available for Subscribers

--

And, from what I've intaken from OOC, there is a move in the game that.. " can stun for 30 seconds on a person without a subscription".

This is incredibly unbalanced for the game. I do hope this is removed in the future; the only money you should put towards BYOND is BYOND itself.

==

Presentation: Bleach Eternity 2 provides a nicely laid out presentation.

Moderate base icon, good graphics, and the sound effects are on par with the combat system. Overall it seems well placed and fit.

Though I have recieved a few text bugs with the popups, where they stay stuck on my screen until I relog. (Which can be troublesome with the subscribing bit.)

==

Originality: The game offers a breathe of fresh air for needy Bleach fans. It offers a well rounded combat system, easy to use leveling skill system, and easy learning curve. It sort of feels like the transformation from NBOTLS to GOA, but moreso Bleach.

Most of its current systems can be greatly expanded; which hopefully they will be. (Sounds, races, techniques, ect.)

==

Overall: Seeing how Its alpha, it already has a decent core for what could be one of the greater games on BYOND.

One of the major setdowns of this game, and what could be the most unbalanced part of it for now and its distanc future is its subscribing bit.

"Subscription Prices
4 dollars for a 1 month sub ($4 per month)
18 dollars for a 6 month sub ($3 per month)
24 dollars for a 12 month sub ($2 per month)
50 dollars for a lifetime sub
"

That is incredibly unfair to most players who do not want to spend money on things like this, and just want to play. Im not sure how In-depth the BYOND staff goes for fangames intaking money like this, but this is a bit far. Most of the servers you can barely get into with its max player count (34/25), so it almost deliberatly makes you have to purchase a subscription to even play.

The game so far is great. With enough work it could par with GOA itself. But this subscribing part is most certaintly holding it back; lets hope that this greedy part of the game is removed in the future.

-Rugg

Uh, good review, but complaining about the subscriptions won't do anything. Strai will never remove his subscriptions, since he's making thousands of dollars from it.
I figured that I would point them out; for either the BYOND staff to notice, or for him to notice that its blocking out what could be a decent game.

I don't see what the problem is with subscriptions to games, they made the game they should be able to!
Very good review, I feel exactly the same way about the subscribing feature...You even need to subscribe to go past a certain level, Really takes the fun away knowing no-matter how hard you train someone who paid cash will be ten times stronger than you.

Edit: You level faster with subscription aswell =\
Most anime has copyright to it. BYOND should always hold an optional fee, which is towards a byond membership (Which in the end is a contribution to BYOND.)
ANSEM000 wrote:
Very good review, I feel exactly the same way about the subscribing feature...You even need to subscribe go go past a certain level, Really takes the fun away knowing no-matter how hard you train someone who paid cash will be ten times stronger than you.

Yes, but despite all the complaints, it won't matter. Strai is making money, and therefore will not remove subscriptions. If the only players left are a few dozen subscribers, he won't care.
If you have to pay to go past a certain level just because its capped at that, fuck it...You shouldn't cap it, you could just make it so they don't get as much exp :P
Rugg wrote:
Most anime has copyright to it. BYOND should always hold an optional fee, which is towards a byond membership (Which in the end is a contribution to BYOND.)

A subscription for him a subscription to Stray Games. Essentially you're just joining his club. The stuff in the game is just a perk. It's a loophole, but he can't be punished for it.
Well Time to Unsubscribe from this post so I don't get spammed :P
I'll make sure to do a second review once its Beta is out.
as of right now the only thing SG sub gets you in BE is the login benefits, 3 additional save slots per key, and you can level all your skills to 5 instead of 3. The goal with BE is to not have subs throw off the balance of the universe like it does in DBZHU =)

EDIT: on a side note, nice screen shots! the one with u goin into spirit form pointed out a bug for me to fix =P (your body having hair and u being bald <.<)
Falacy wrote:
as of right now the only thing SG sub gets you in BE is the login benefits, 3 additional save slots per key, and you can level all your skills to 5 instead of 3. The goal with BE is to not have subs throw off the balance of the universe like they did in DBZHU =)

I think allowink all of that is fine except the skills. That's the only real unbalanced thing I see, since it IS a massive inbalance.
how come you havnt figured out that its against the rules to charge for fangames?
Masterdan wrote:
how come you havnt figured out that its against the rules to charge for fangames?

Because essentially you're joining his club with the money. The game bonuses are really just a perk to being in the club. The subscription is to Stray Games though, and is a subscription to all of Strai's games.
eh since youre here dano, does GOA manage to send its save files to the main server if the host closes their server? cant get that to work right on BE
I say this review is pretty fair except for the fact that he based that "stun for 30 seconds thing" off of hearsay--(its not true actually; there's no such skill). But yea...Having sub on a game shouldn't be part of any review since its optional-aside from complaining about unbalanced sub boosts (which BE has none of)
If it gives any form of stat boost, or any in-game character enhancement, that seems pretty unbalanced for me.

Low max server rate is one thing, but having effect gameplay is another.
Rugg wrote:
If it gives any form of stat boost, or any in-game character enhancement, that seems pretty unbalanced for me.

Low max server rate is one thing, but having effect gameplay is another.

I'm fine with subscribers being able to get into full servers.

I'm fine with them being able to have more save files..

I'm even fine with a few other perks like name changes, colored names, etc. But I don't like the fact that you can't master ANY abilities without being a subscriber. That's a massive disadvantage.
Yes it is. Im sure Falacy could arrange a few things.. I mean, keeping the server-oriented benefits seems fine. But making the game way more profitable for subscribers in comparison to non-subscribers isn't fair.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5