ID:410473

(See the best response by Higoten.)
Hey, I recently gained access to my router and can now forward my ports as well have enabled UpNp(Or at least I think it was called that) and now I want to learn how to host my own games. To use another site called gameranger, I already have port 16000 forwarded under HTTP(Or something similar) and I'm not quite sure if that will work. Could someone please walk me through the steps, starting from forwarding your ports correctly to hosting a game with host files? The sites I have seen so far only show me how to get into my router, and how to forward my ports: Two things I have obviously managed to do. I just need to know what I need to do to set my ports up for BYOND.
Best response
Hi pgr,

Sounds like you did a nice job getting your ports open. Here's how you tell BYOND what ports you opened.

For hosting using Dream Daemon:

1) Go to the BYOND pager > File > Start Dream Daemon (ctrl + D).

Photobucket

2) Click the ... (Marked as 1) and select the .dmb file of the game you wish to host. (You have to find where the game's host files are on your computer)

3) In the Port box (marked as 2) type in your port number (you mentioned the port you forwarded was 16000).

4) In the security drop-down (marked as 3) Select the type of security you wish. Trusted should only be used if you trust the creator who wrote the game, as it gives the game access to the file system, which could be potentially destructive. Safe is recommend as it gives the game access to only files within its own directory, and ultrasafe doesn't give it access to any files.

5) In the visibility drop-down (marked as 4). Select the type of visibility you wish. Public will make it visible everywhere, private will only be visible on the pager, while invisible will not display it anywhere.

6) Click the big green GO button :) (marked as 5).

If you get a red message that says that your port is unable to be accessed, that means that you have improperly forwarded the port, or there is another firewall in the way.

To host using Dream Seeker:

1) Run your game on the computer using Dream Seeker (one way of doing this is to run the .dmb of the game like you would any other program)

2) Go to the BYOND pager > My Hub > Active Worlds...

Photobucket

3) Click the name of the game you wish to host (marked as 1).

4) Click Game Options (marked as 2).

5) Hover over server (marked as 3) > Host... (marked as 4).

Photobucket

6) In the Port box (marked as 1) type in your port number (You mentioned this was 16000).

7) In the visibility drop-down (marked as 2), select your desired visibility.

8) In the security drop-down(marked as 3), select your desired security.

Hope this helps!
I probably should have posted this before, but I managed to figure it out with the help of a friend. Sorry to bother you....XD