ID:413581

(See the best response by Higoten.)
ok so i portforwarded 3 ports they all work on my other computer but on this laptop they dont work the firewall is shut off
2 noticed things that could be the problem
this computer has advast
my other computer uses a ethernet to the router and this uses wi-fi
can anyone help? also it seems that whenever i use a port on this computer i ca host through that port on my other computer could a firewall be clogging thaat port?
Best response
Hi shwb1,

Usually when you port forward, you have to set up a static IP address for the computer that your setting up the port for.

The reason why you can't use the same ports you can on your other one is because the static IP on your laptop is different than the one on your desktop( They can't be the same).

To fix it, you'll have to either change or open new ports for the IP of your laptop.

Good luck!
i tried that but this time it said that is could not be opened of something (others dont say anything :O)
What gave you the error message? your router,computer, BYOND?

What port were you trying to open? I've heard before that some ports are reserved by windows. If your trying to open the same three ports you have open on your regular computer, I don't believe it will allow you to do that either.
dream daemon gave me the message

10003 10002 10001
10003 10002 are for my laptop
10001 is for my other computer
Service Details

Service Name 10003
Type Port Forwarding

Entry Protocol Global Port(s) Local Port(s)
1 both 10003 10003

10003 Port Forwarding android_247a4dff9d0b0214

this is the port i forwarded and the info
BYOND hub reports port 10003 cannot be reached by players

^^^
Hey I having problom with my server for host a online game from byond . The error for the port server keeps poping up. Is there any possible help for this. The firewall is completey off.
Shwb1: When you run dream daemon, can you connect to your own sever using the yellow "Join" button? If you can't then there's a good chance that there is a firewall in the way.

I'm also curious about your computer's name. android_247a4dff9d0b0214? Is your computer a Windows build? or is that name stemming from something completely different? I don't know if BYOND is designed to be able to be run on an Android environment.

Smartguy: There is help for your issue, and it most-likely stems from your router or modem (or both). You can check out the guides for almost every router at http://portforward.com/.

Its looks intimidating, but its not that difficult once you start doing it. To begin, you have to know what brand name and model number of the router you have and select it. Then select BYOND Dream Seeker Host from the programs list (You may get a advertisement at some point, to bypass it, click "skip this ad" in the upper right hand corner.) Then follow the steps closely from there.

If you need help, feel free to post back here, with your router information and where you are running into trouble.