alright. ill try. if not i'll just make the game about 20 minutes for the contest and just extend it afterwards.
Chibi-Gohan0 wrote:
sorry if this is a stupid question but how do you send an email to an adress like yours that has no @ sign?

Replace "care of" with the at sign. The account is gtellgtell and the service is hotmail.com. I just wrote it that way to deter spambots from detecting it.
Ah, sorry.
I'm in. :D
Though, 20 minutes is kind of a difficult target to hit with hex board games...
Maybe I should switch to something else.
I know someone asked about making a 4.0 version of a BYOND game already in existance, but what about making a better version of an existing real life game, like Monopoly or Chess?
I know someone asked about making a 4.0 version of a BYOND game already in existance, but what about making a better version of an existing real life game, like Monopoly or Chess?
As quoted from the post, "It may be similar to existing board games, but its title, graphics, sound, and all other resources should be original content created for this game."
Exactly. Does "It's title must be original" mean that it can't be chess? But wouldn't that also not allow remakes of older games, something that he allowed someone else to do.
idk why you would want to make a chess game, theres allready a byond chess.
The title must be original probably means the name of the game. So if you were to remake chess don't call it chess.
172.16.0.1 wrote:
The title must be original probably means the name of the game. So if you were to remake chess don't call it chess.

And of course, do enough to differentiate the game too -_-
172.16.0.1 wrote:

Err... but it's still chess. I'm not reinventing the game, just trying to make a better BYOND version.

And yes, Chibi-Gohan0, I realize there's already a BYOND chess game, but it could be improved. I'm gonna try to put in a bughouse game. (Actually, I may focus on Bughouse)
Err... but it's still chess. I'm not reinventing the game, just trying to make a better BYOND version.

Those restrictions were mainly aimed at avoiding copyright infringement; chess would be fine.
If I get time today-tomorrow I might enter Exploder - but no promises I just got married :p
Heh, so today is the last day to work on the game.
No, it's at the end of the day on Wednesday.
ah, alright
Just under nineteen hours to go! (Actually, just under 22 since we're going by BYOND time instead of Eastern.) Good luck to all contestants!
I am just wondering, could we just give you a link to our game's hub here or would you rather have us send you the files through email?
172.16.0.1 wrote:
I am just wondering, could we just give you a link to our game's hub here or would you rather have us send you the files through email?

It wouldn't be a bad idea to put a link here (so you have proof you submitted it in case the email gets lost), but please send an email too.
Page: 1 2 3