ID:41497

I'm glad to have finally done it. I've been running Ubuntu off of a liveCD the passed few weeks, along with Debian and BackTrack2 in order to see which one flows best with me (Note to other malicious users who want to have a good distro: Slackware is NOT easy to use).

Yesterday, I formatted Vista and all files off of my drive, and installed Ubuntu 7.10 onto my system. The only thing I'm missing is my Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet at the moment (another side note here, there's a linuxwacom package users can download, but it's hardly functional in my case, it seems).

Now you may be asking yourself why it is that I am announcing I switched to linux. The answer in itself is simple. With my switch to linux, I have learned that running BYOND via WINE's latest build (and all others) is nearly impossible for new users to linux builds. That being said, I'll be renewing the BYOND Linux guild's membership within the next few weeks in order to further the linux user oriented help according to BYOND.

Furthermore, I have to preach how simply amazing linux is to use. I can do anything with this (well, aside from running BYOND), that I ever did with Windows Vista, AND I actually get to use my perl programs, instead of having them without them not running on my native OS.

That's all for now. Tata. ;D
You idiot!!!!!! Linux is good for servers and servers only, I had a horrible time with linux, even though during the first week I thought it was amazing.
Lord of light wrote:
You idiot!!!!!! Linux is good for servers and servers only, I had a horrible time with linux, even though during the first week I thought it was amazing.

Linux is also good for program oriented use. I'm not a gamer with my PC. The most I do is use it for browsing *chans, hacking, and using IRC and IM clients. Linux suffices just fine and doesn't take up 17GB just for the OS.
Enjoy your home server.
I'd like to add that qBitTorrent is amazing.
Thank you very much BigBoiD!
I havn't had the resources to renew Linux Guild's membership. I'm still actively working on getting BYOND working with WINE though :)

I believe earlier builds of WINE (0.9.50?) run better with BYOND with the DLL Overrides...

If you could submit these bugs to WINE HQ we could probably get them fixed for good, it's just I'm no good at doing bug reports.