ID:4177

Keywords: cool_games
... is awesome. Since I bought the Half-Life 2 Silver package online via Steam, I get Day of Defeat Source. It came out yesterday at 3:00 PM PST. I would have posted about this yesterday, but I had to come home late from community service. (School requirement). Anyway, here's a screenshot for your enjoyment.

http://members.byond.com/UnknownPerson/files/ dod_anzio0007.jpg
Error: could not find file 'dod_anzio0007.jpg' for user UnknownPerson.
It should work now, hopefully. I had "hidden" checked in the file management box.
bah... I got the bronze package so I have to buy it separately... also, do you play with HDR on? if you do what graphics card do you have? I've been wondering if my Radeon 9800SE can handle the HDR Lighting... because the last one I had overheated and died when I tried the HDR Bloom mod for HL2(its fan wasn't working though... it was a hella dusty because I forgot to clean it...)
That screenshot is 1280x1024 with high settings and HDR on full. I've got the NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, so that's how I can play it. No ATI cards released of now can play it with full HDR compatibility, since it will need Shader Model 3, which only the GeForce 6 and 7 series can play. I'm guessing you can have HDR Blooms on with your 9800 SE.
actually I was playing CS:S and Hidden:Source later last night... and I looked at the graphics options and HDR was there "for HDR maps only"

It recommended full HDR for my card(and currently it is set to full)... and there have been a whole bunch of stories of people on X800's and 9800pro's that can play without lag...

I was just wondering... (and I explained why in my last post)

But at the moment I don't see any HDR in those mods... Can't wait for the HDR maps to come out I guess...
oh andd btw... I am an ATI supporter and I spit in the face of Nvidia. =P

what you just said in your post pretty just meant that HL2 Lost Coast and DOD:S at its best is for Nvidia cards only... and I disagree... However this is your blog and not mine... so I'm not going to get into an arguement about ATI or Nvidia gfx cards.
Oh, I'm guessing that some of the higher end Radeon X8xx cards can play full HDR on some Source games. My mistake. Half-Life 2 actually has better performance on ATI cards, but the specific 30 minute level of Half Life 2: Lost Coast requires a card which has Shader Model 3 compatibility, and right now, the GeForce 6 and 7 series support it. The new Radeon x1600 and x1800 series card will support it and most likely will have better performance with Source games, but we don't know yet.
I have just changed from an Asus 8800gtx to an Asus 3870x2. Everything seems to work o.k. except for when I try to play Day of Defeat Source.

It will load the valve screen then flicker when starting the dod screen then it just disappears.

Have uninstalled reinstalled dod & source several times. Still the same thing happens