ID:41986

Well My Programmer Kakashi24142 wasted my time by jumping to Hulio-G's Bleach game... this leaves me in a spot were i need a new programmer.
The game is called Dragonball: Denkiteki Senka and is going great on the icon side of things, coding side is pretty much letting the game down because the progress isnt much in it.

i already have a basic structure of how the game will be planned out(all orginal) i will show the person taking up the job offer in private, edits and such to the structure welcome just incase you think ill be one sided with this.

- Programmer must have atleast 2 years experience in DM coding.
- Must be able to write from codes from scrach.
- Must be prepaired to try new things that havent been done on byond.
- Code ripping will not be tollarated as the game is fully orginal content.
- And the hardest part of all, Must be trustworthy.

Game Hub: http://www.byond.com/games/Bio-TechProductions/ DragonballDenkitekiSenka
Contact Me: [email protected]

posts that are irrelevant will be deleted.

- chris

Umh. Hasnt Kakashi241-something been apart of multiple projects that havent been released yet?

How competant of a programmer is he?
LOL! Don't get mad at me, blame Hieads afkness, Audeuros disappearance and Keeth for overworking himself. And from what I heard from Kakashi he didn't leave, he'll still help out but judging by the tone he gave me it was as it wouldn't be a main priority...So good move on your part.

Rugg wrote:
Umh. Hasnt Kakashi241-something been apart of multiple projects that havent been released yet?

How competant of a programmer is he?

Rugg put it this way, he's in my staff. Although it's obvious I was going for youth and loyalty over age and experienced type for once. He has experience with icon procedures, I just don't involve people unnecessarily.

Also alot of bums put his name under their games staff after he specifically said he's not working for them.

P.S. I like your style Evil D same with your other artist Hawk.
Hulio-G wrote:
LOL! Don't get mad at me, blame Hieads afkness, Audeuros disappearance and Keeth for overworking himself. And from what I heard from Kakashi he didn't leave, he'll still help out but judging by the tone he gave me it was as it wouldn't be a main priority...So good move on your part.

i am not getting mad, i just was alittle shocked, i went from having a programmer to someone who could do bits when he wasnt busy on another game so it wasnt a good move on my part, i dont really like being the side project as im sure you wouldnt with your project.

but this is byond and i cant force people to do stuff they dont want to do so yeh i guess i gotta move on and wait for someone.
Evil-D123 wrote:
Hulio-G wrote:

i am not getting mad, i just was alittle shocked, i went from having a programmer to someone who could do bits when he wasnt busy on another game so it wasnt a good move on my part, i dont really like being the side project as im sure you wouldnt with your project.

Hell no, the "main programmer"? I'd fire their ass. Oh and by you making a good move I was referring to you looking for a new person. If you think about it Kakashis only on 2 hours a day throughout the weekdays anyway. I have to get people to trade off with him at night.

I would have to say, it is always suspect when one person takes on a coder position for as many projects as kakashi has in the last few months. It somewhat tallies up to your reputation in peoples minds, projects youve put your name on and projects that get completed. That guy is pretty good but ive seen lots of good coders get nothing to the public eye due to ADD! but i wish him the best, even though im sad that he jumped ship on his megaman game :(.

By the way, i was wondering why your anime guild forum post had that little irrelvant posts will be deleted line, i was gonna say, you dont have the authority to do that! but i see you just haphazardly copy/pasted!

Kakashi and Berlin are on my little mental list of people to watch for in terms of making neat games in the near future.
Masterdan wrote:
I would have to say, it is always suspect when one person takes on a coder position for as many projects as kakashi has in the last few months. It somewhat tallies up to your reputation in peoples minds, projects youve put your name on and projects that get completed. That guy is pretty good but ive seen lots of good coders get nothing to the public eye due to ADD! but i wish him the best, even though im sad that he jumped ship on his megaman game :(.

I don't like project jumpers myself, that annoys me and it does seem to lower your worth. I rained him down with questions on what games he's working on and hinted my jealously. He told me specifically, he was working on his megaman game (infact he had used some code from there on our sword overlays) and some dbz game. As for that "good coders get nothing to the public eye" comment, don't you think thats more suited for those older and even more experienced programmers who criticize all the newer ones (Though they do many handy libraries) I've had my share with these types of programmers and am looking for younger ones who finish. He has shown good enthusiasm and communication probably due to his age and interest in the series.

Also most programmers that work with me know I usually have a 2 day rule, as in if I get no warning or notice I'm assuming you quit unless you were to develop some sort of relationship with me like my best artists have.
well you have a good system for hiring workers, my concern was that kakashi was heading towards becomming one of those talented coders who ends up only publishing a couple libraries in the span of 5 years and never gets the majority of their projects off the ground.

If we were to break up byond, it would go something like
90% rippers, 9% experienced, talented, will publish maybe 2 libraries over half decade due to laziness, and then 1% magically people who make games!

We have a very low proportion of game makers considering byond is targeted towards small game makers, the amount of people who make libraries or simply fiddle around is HUGE compared to the portions who make actual games. Its totally counter-intuitive and i still havnt wrapped my head around it, Kakashi is however still what i would consider a good candidate for game maker, my faith is wavering a bit with his project hopping but i still have faith in him. Theres a few other interesting people to watch for too, you seem to be doing a good job at managing your game Hulio, excited for its debut btw.

Also Evil, your game looks pretty good. If your a graphic artist i can definitely recommend a good potential project that you could instead do icon work for. I understand if thats not your style, but there is one Dragonball game ive got my eye on that ive been eager to see come out.
Masterdan wrote:

By the way, i was wondering why your anime guild forum post had that little irrelvant posts will be deleted line, i was gonna say, you dont have the authority to do that! but i see you just haphazardly copy/pasted!

Kakashi and Berlin are on my little mental list of people to watch for in terms of making neat games in the near future.

Actual I didn't "jump my ship". I just recoded all of it and it works perfect. I'm weeding out the minor bugs in my free time.(I used the old source code but redid a lot of it.)

Also on the topic of project hopping. It is all my stupid-ness of making quick decisions( I make the same mistakes in real life). I need to start learning to THINK for a few hours before making a decision like choosing a project to work on.

@Evil: I changed my mind, if you're still willing, I'll split the time I work for Hulio and you.
Don't take down your ads though Evil-D. Finding a full time worker is anything but bad, it doesn't make sense for two big projects to share the same primary programmer. Kakashi replied knowing I want him to program (anything that challanges him) often to improve his ability and knowing that he has experienced programmers that can help him out when he is incapable or doesn't have the time to do something.
i know this.

Kakashi replied knowing I want him to program (anything that challanges him) often to improve his ability and knowing that he has experienced programmers that can help him out when he is incapable or doesn't have the time to do something.

you make a good point which will benefit him and trufly speaking your game as it stands has a great future ahead of it, but at this moment in time i really have no other alternative, there is not many decent programmers(that fit to the standards i have tried setting) out there that want to work with a Dragonball game, though i will still keep searching...
im not taking them down, i plan on finding a fulltime programmer but like i said there is not many decent programmers(that fit to the standards i have tried setting) out there that want to work with a Dragonball game, though i will still keep searching...
Also Evil, your game looks pretty good. If your a graphic artist i can definitely recommend a good potential project that you could instead do icon work for. I understand if thats not your style, but there is one Dragonball game ive got my eye on that ive been eager to see come out.

interesting but i would really like to finish what i started with DDS....
Evil-D123 wrote:

interesting but i would like to finish what i started with DDS....
just out of cureosaty what game is it, i have been following dragonball games on byond and the only ones that have caught my eye are DBOII, FOL and DBZ(javsters).

Masterdan hates LG so you can elminate that game. But honestly Evil-D, your best pixel artist hawk loves working with him and his programmer Victor (goten84) is amazing, he's basically a guru. Best of all the whole staff is on everyday. Think about it, not only are you surrounded by talent but you could just add things you pixeled from your game to his. Both of you would be that much closer to completing your goal.

If you want to talk to me live add my msn.

[email protected]

added, i guess i should see what mistik wants to do when he is on and then go from there