|               by                |          /    \
         |                                 |          :    :
         |      a lack of enthusiasm       |          :    :
         |                                 |         _;,,,,;_
         |                                 |
         |  Let's see some more activity!  |
         |                                 |
________)/\\_)_/___(\/___(//_\)/_\//__\\(/_|_)_______

Hear ye, hear ye! By royal decree of His Majesty Lord Noodlebaum CXCVII, Defender of Puffy Pants and Disco, let it be known that all able-bodied men and women and youth and anthropomorphic whatevers (the latter being less encouraged than the formers) are requested to join His Majesty's Royally Awesome Dungeoneering Squadron of Combat Journalism for the princely sum of kudos and applause!

Dungeon Crawlers is not just a BYOND guild; we accept all forms of literature, including roguelike development articles, reviews of non-BYOND dungeon crawling games, and even just little handy concepts for you to include in your own BYOND dungeon crawler games. The goal is to make BYOND a place where anyone can go dungeon crawling with the best of them, but given the shortage of BYOND games of the genre, there's no sense in limiting our material.

If you have some activity in the roguelike or dungeon-crawling world to report, report it here!
Hmm... Would a game that is very similar to a dungeon crawler but with some fundamental differences still count as a dungeon crawler?
For example, the game has a single, hard dungeon to explore for [insert silly reason], but it includes more RPG elements. Such as a town and quests, it is multiplayer and not turn based and death is not permenant (but potentially devastating none the less).
Would this still qualify as a Dungeon Crawler or not? If so I might be able to help!
Once I get some more progress on the revamp of BYONDungeons, I'll begin posting again. It's moving kind of slow, but I'm sure we'll get something done!
Defining a dungeon crawler is hard. Perhaps one universal element that makes a dungeon crawler a dungeon crawler is the search for treasure and items to better your character.

In most cases, I would define a dungeon crawler as "if you feel as though it involves dungeon crawling, it's a dungeon crawler".

A dungeon crawler isn't necessarily a roguelike, isn't necessarily a turn-based game, and isn't even necessarily a game that includes any random content. Leftley's Delve!-- non-existent game, for instance, was-- wasn't a dungeon crawler.
Hmm... Well the game I am working on is not a Roguelike so to say, but is heavily influenced by the genre. It is more like games like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Azure Dreams or Fate. (Only it is... Less Japanesey)

If I ever finish it then I will submit it to this guild I guess!
Though :[ I am at the most horrible part of game development (for me at least). I have all the systems and what not done, the game just needs content. I have to invent then add all that content, test it to make sure it works, then make sure it is balanced. It takes a long time, and I in general hate doing it. And I usually never get past this point in making games (because it is so horribly boring).
I would class Azure Dreams (the PS1 game your talking about aren't you? unless someone on BYOND has attempted it) as a Dungeon Crawler, it has random rooms with random connecting paths, random item locations, random items, random monsters at random exp levels, its probably one of the few strong console Dungeon Crawlers, and its an excellent game (if you don't have it, get it).