ID:42681

Poll: Who's the best programmer on BYOND in your opinion?

Axerob 4% (4)
Developus 2% (2)
Popisfizzy 8% (8)
Bakasensei 4% (4)
Unknown Person 11% (10)
Audeuro 2% (2)
GhostAnime 4% (4)
Kaioken 1% (1)
Garthor 25% (23)
Falacy 7% (7)
Sven90 0% (0)
Bustercannon 6% (6)
Masterdan 20% (18)

Login to vote.

Another poll, but with no Lummox JR and with some different people. I hope this one gives a somewhat clearer view on each other opinions.
Who's Developus actually? I never really heard of him. "o.o
In this one, it's Garthor, likely a tie between Audeuro and Unknown Person, then probably me.
lol developus who is that guy
My vote does plenty fine with women.
Clearly he must be a good developer. He has 'develop' right there in his key!
You took off Goten84 and Data and kept a few other bums?

Anyway on this list Garthor wins. Though I think you could have given him better competition with an even better/more accurate best programmer list.

I've been in contact with so many programmers I'll put them in order in ability wise just to make things interesting. (Lines somewhat represent different levels...Read from left to right).

Garthor
Audeuro/Unknown Person/Kaioken
Popisfizzy/GhostAnime/
Falacy/Sven90/Masterdan
Bustercannon/Axerob/Bakasensei/Developus (I don't know this last guy but he sounds like idiot so I threw him here).
OneFishDown trumps Lummox in my book, truthfully.
GoodDoggyTreat wrote:

I didn't know he was that good. He was basically above average in my mind. No one ever spoke about him, I guess I was simply at the wrong places.
Why isn't Arthosa, OneFishDown, Johan411, Ss4Core, Fat Albert, Mega Fart Cannon, ZeroVirus, and etc?
You obviously didn't do any research otherwise they'd or some of them would be on the list...
Try searching for some classic coders.
The classics are the good stuff...
And who the hell are these people? Being around Byond for over 7 years and an average coder and etc, I've never even heard a pinch of their names:
Axerob
Developus
Popisfizzy
Bakasensei
Audeuro
GhostAnime
Kaioken
Garthor
Sven90
Hulio-G wrote:
GoodDoggyTreat wrote:

I didn't know he was that good. He was basically above average in my mind. No one ever spoke about him, I guess I was simply at the wrong places.

You've never seen his skateboarding demo/production?
That in my opinion was brilliant. Its no suprise that a 'noob' hasn't tried to turn it into like Tony Hawks. Would be possible and probably completed in like a month but these kids today have no idea what they are doing when they open dream maker up. Too many bugs and rips.
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:

I'm going on for year 8 and I haven't heard of john, ss4core, the farting cannon or zero virus.

Aueduro is the leader of the RPG guild, Garthor and Ghostanime dwell in the develop forums 24/7 dude. Axerobs a bum but he owns WOTS that game used to get 100 players. Fizzy busts his ass everyday to troll all over the site. Where've you been?!
Hulio-G wrote:
GoodDoggyTreat wrote:

You've never seen his skateboarding demo/production?
That in my opinion was brilliant. Its no suprise that a 'noob' hasn't tried to turn it into like Tony Hawks. Would be possible and probably completed in like a month but these kids today have no idea what they are doing when they open dream maker up. Too many bugs and rips.
Hulio-G wrote:
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
I'm going on for year 8 and I haven't heard of john, ss4core, the farting cannon or zero virus.

Aueduro is the leader of the RPG guild,
Garthor and Ghostanime dwell in the develop forums 24/7 dude. Axerobs a bum but he owns WOTS that game used to get 100 players. Fizzy busts his ass everyday to troll all over the site. Where've you been?!

That's sad.
Johan and Mega were RPG experts.
Zero Virus made the best megaman game Byond could've ever had.
Ss4Core made a good zeta modification better than these rips.
Hulio-G wrote:
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:

Aueduro is the leader of the RPG guild, Garthor and Ghostanime dwell in the develop forums 24/7 dude. Axerobs a bum but he owns WOTS that game used to get 100 players. Fizzy busts his ass everyday to troll all over the site. Where've you been?!

I've been in dream maker where this conversation is talking about.
You are talking about programmers, I haven't heard of these people making anything really. Maybe Fizzy but no one else is anybit popular.
And I scout around the games and sometimes community looking for potential games.
So far in the past 2 months I've produced over 50 icons for several games.
I'm used to being a Game Icon Whore so to speak. I get Administration in a game within a weeks playing time, make a few icons, then leave the game.

If Icon Chatterz was back up I'd make icons, but since I'm going into Video Game Programming within 6 months I decided to get on Dream Maker with some code and etc.
Oh sorry for lots of posts, your list doesn't have Byond's Greatest RPG maker ...
GodlyHell for his Mystic Journey.
No other RPG has become close to the long production of MJ.
Lack of enthusiasm/commitment and laziness are the largest factors as to why I never completed a large scaled project.

UP's Ultimatum game is very good, you should try it out one day when it is hosted (I believe BYOND Strategy lists the time it is hosted). Oh, and I voted for Garthor - not myself - if anyone was wondering.

<ramble>Well, that is when I actually have the time to program, such as right now in my summer break. My last two semesters in college left me with no time at all :(

I hate developing AI and battling system, so many bugs to work through... stupid trainer cards...</ramble>
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Why isn't Arthosa, OneFishDown, Johan411, Ss4Core, Fat Albert, Mega Fart Cannon, ZeroVirus, and etc?
You obviously didn't do any research otherwise they'd or some of them would be on the list...
Try searching for some classic coders.
The classics are the good stuff...
And who the hell are these people? Being around Byond for over 7 years and an average coder and etc, I've never even heard a pinch of their names:
Axerob
Developus
Popisfizzy
Bakasensei
Audeuro
GhostAnime
Kaioken
Garthor
Sven90

Hahaha, man. You love flaunting the fact that you have been here for longer than some people.

Anyway, your list sucks.
Arthosa a good coder? Yeah right, he made Icon Chatterz, which I played, and within 10 minutes found more bugs than I could count and ended up crashing every server hosted in about 20 seconds. Great programmer if I ever saw one.
OneFishDown is decent at least, but only decent by todays standards.
Johan411 didn't do anything good or decent.
Ss4Core is just another generic anime ripper. Not good at all.
Fat Albert sucked. Made lots of really crappy games.
Mega Fart Cannon hasn't produced anything decent either.
ZeroVirus, again done nothing decent.

Sorry to inform you, this is 2008, not 2002. The quality of a "good" programmer on BYOND has drastically increased since 2002. People like Garthor (who by the way has been here longer than you by 2 years), Lummox Jr and Popisfizzy among others are much, much better programmers than anyone you listed.
Maximus for the love of God edit your quadruple posts into one. And I see where your coming from now, you're looking at the programmers who've actually finished projects. Unfortunatly, the best ones are the ones who are helping your game owners make their code more effect in "code problems", making libraries...And yeah unfortunately most don't have very high mental endurance or motivation and fail when it comes to finishing projects.

Back in 02 it was crazy, people weren't lazy because there wasn't many rips. 13 and 14 year olds actually had to learn the damn language from official guides. The hacking threats were actually real! ;0
OneFishDown made The Royal Nonesuch, the first real hex-movement/2.5D project on BYOND. He is epic! I love you Rob. :)
Page: 1 2 3 4