ID:430754

(See the best response by Oasiscircle.)
Problem description:

I'd like to use missle() to animate something on the client.screen. Is this possible? I cannot seem to find anything on this. How would it deal with finding the location of what its moving from if the X/Y/Z of the obj in client.screen are null? I'd have to use screen_loc but im not even sure it supports that.
Best response
You'd have to do it manually by adding and removing objects on the client screen. Screen_loc can be edited on a pixel-by-pixel basis by using a colon.

Example:

screen_loc="1:8,1:16" //Would display on the tile 1,1 with 16 pixels up and 8 pixels right.
Ugh really :S that sounds a bit resouce hoggingly slow. Any server lag and.... hmmm
In response to EternalDuelistSoul
EternalDuelistSoul wrote:
Ugh really :S that sounds a bit resouce hoggingly slow. Any server lag and.... hmmm

I use it in my demo. Doesn't lag too much.
Tried it and its a total waste of time. Locally it works, bit jittery but fine. On a server might as well not be there. You never see the animation ever. Ugh.

I need to find some way to adjust for the lag i suppose :\ im using a while() loop and doing it a few pixels at a time.
Leave slight gaps between when each while loop is called(so stick in a spawn()/sleep()). I have found this dramatically reduces lag, also could set it to be background if your using a proc but I don't find that helps.
I'm using sleep(1) but I since read that sleep() + lag = pointless. So thats prob why the animation does not even play a single frame at times. I actually un-set it as background in the hopes that it would at the very least show a few frames.