ID:43161

Keywords: music, videos
I came across these videos on Youtube a while ago and couldn't stop laughing. Somebody did a masterful set of parodies by overdubbing their own deliberately bad playing over videos of several different guitar legends, like Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eddie Van Halen, Eric Clapton, and more. Sounds like walking into a Guitar Center store.

The guy who did these must be quite good in reality, as his timing with what's happening on screen is impeccable. I think that's what makes these videos really work, and so hilarious. That, and I love the fact that the drums only come in when they're actually shown on screen.

I figure this must be what guitar heroes sound like to people who aren't into their brand of music. Check out a couple, along with the originals for comparison:

Parodies:

Originals:

There are many more of these parodies to check out: just start surfing the related videos and you'll find 'em.
I think that the creators knew something about guitars too.

This, however, is an abomination... and I think I like it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdlScn4JpsY
I..don't really get it..Guess I'll find out when I eventually get Guitar Hero..
Guitar nerds are the nerds that other nerds look down on...
The original author of these videos went by the handle "StSanders". He somehow was suspended a few months ago, which was a damn shame.

Search for "Eric Clapton Shreds" and "Santana Shreds" for, IMHO, the funniest guitar parodies ever. (I mean, the sax in the Clapton one is a "milk through the nose" kind of humor.)
I don't even play Guitar Hero and I knew what the joke was. I lol'd.
Heh, the first is horrible if you know Joe Satriani's style at all. The Steve Vai one is a bit better, but no where near as fast as Steve would be playing.

I do give the guy credit for trying though.
The part where Joe Satriani is whistling (along with the sympathy applause from the crowd) is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Great find!
Was just reintroduced to these on reddit with this one.