ID:43313

sfxr is a small utility designed to generate sounds as easily as possible, and it is extreemly good at it's job. Need some sounds for your game? Click a couple buttons and within 30sec you'll have more explosions than the game will ever need. Need samples for use in a mod file? Play with the sliders for 3min and you'll roughly have the instrument you were looking for. Really, I can't think of anything to say to properly hype sfxr; you need it, download it.

More info here: sfxr home page

Samples:
get_item.wav
lasers.wav
no_clue.wav
step_in_snow.wav
sword_swipe2.wav
sword_swipe.wav

You should really make some examples and post them somewhere. I like to see (or in this case, hear) what a program can do before I bother pursuing it further.
Did I really say it would take about 30sec to have as many explosions as you'd ever need? Samples comming right up!

And there they are! (in the original post) Enjoy.
My god your CSS is very awesome.
I can not thank you enough, yesterday AcWraith directed me towards this guild so I can either create my own or get free sounds effects. This program looks fairly easy and will help me down the road.
Yeah, this program is sweet. I spent about up to 2 or 3 hours trying to get some sound effects. I have a library of about 40+ sound effects just from this program. They are so good and the quality is awesome.
After playing around with it for a while it did not produce the quality of sounds I was exactly looking for. But I still think it is a great tool for fast semi-good quality sound effects.
The mutate button is gorgeous.
Whoa, this program is awesome. Thank you for the link!

Now my game wont have a random assortment of low quality sounds.
172.16.0.1 wrote:
After playing around with it for a while it did not produce the quality of sounds I was exactly looking for. But I still think it is a great tool for fast semi-good quality sound effects.

It's really for, you know, 8-bit game sound effects. I messed around with the button at the bottom to change it from 8-bit to 16-bit, but I noticed little to no change whatsoever.