ID:43338

Keywords: fortay, fortaystory
Saturday May 24, 2008
As I am currently accomplishing a dream goal of mine, creating an online turn based strategy game, I feel like I am coming closer to another dream of mine. This dream is to create a single player turn based strategy game with a robust story line. I do not precisely know why, but I have always felt the need to create a story mode option for my games so the players can understand the reason why they are battling online.

Though I am not guaranteeing this, I really do believe I could possibly crank out a new game, which is single player only, for the Fortay universe. I already got the basic story down and the only thing I am completely missing is strong A.I. Artificial Intelligent is probably my weakest point within my programming knowledge. I have not worked with it a lot so I really would not know where to start off. Before I build this game I would like to put in A.I. on the online version of Fortay in which it could go through some extensive testing by multiple players.

Do not expect this story mode for Fortay to come out any time soon, but I may write short stories that deal with the Fortay universe and post it on my blog. In which I can gain feedback and apply it to the possible future game.
Take a look in http://www.gamedev.net into their resource section. They have a lot of Artificial Intelligence articles (some of them lead to Gamasutra also).

The only thing is that unless you know a little about other languages (mainly C/C++) then you might get lost on some of the more advanced articles.
Thank you, though I am no C/C++ expert I know my way around the language.